Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

I know this is for arcade gear but how could I not post this, it's so Funky. 1970s Copal Flip clock radio and it works perfectly.

2f2030af4bded181f8484eef12a4f61e.jpg

It'll be going on the pcb repair bench, when I get a bigger bench.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Love it, I had one of those (didn't everyone over 40...).

Personally I like seeing any retro stuff here. I got this last weekend from the markets. Bargain at $9. Original still in the packet. It's my latest "thing" collection retro plush toys.

148f044a43f5fed5184f12f33a66e8a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you keep it away from bright light, never feed it after midnight , oh and dont get it wet !

• 3 weeks later...

This week? Acquired a Pioneer LaserDisc player, along with copies of The Rock, Face/Off & Days of Thunder. Then today found myself a $70 Epson 2000-lumens projector with a basically new bulb in it!

Guess tonight's going to be big screen movie night :D

This week? Acquired a Pioneer LaserDisc player, along with copies of The Rock, Face/Off & Days of Thunder. Then today found myself a $70 Epson 2000-lumens projector with a basically new bulb in it!

Guess tonight's going to be big screen movie night :D

Laserdisc is so underrated imho.

Unfortunately we don't get to play/watch our laseractive/laserdiscs all that much :( Hoping the kids get into them as they get older.

Watching bttf in hi-vision is retro cool thinking it came out a decade before Blu-ray [emoji23]

Enjoy the nostalgic feeling [emoji106]

Laserdisc is so underrated imho.

Unfortunately we don't get to play/watch our laseractive/laserdiscs all that much :( Hoping the kids get into them as they get older.

Watching bttf in hi-vision is retro cool thinking it came out a decade before Blu-ray

Enjoy the nostalgic feeling

Do you own many actual LD movies?

I remember renting them from Chinatown,you'd have to leave a $200 security deposit and they'd inspect the discs before and after for any damage lol

I contemplated delving into the world of LD but am put off by...

- Having to flip/swap/wait for a disc change due to the limited storage space.

- Video only being encoded and output in composite. Seems to defeat the purpose.

- Price, unreliability and difficulty in obtaining both the players and the movies.

Seems to me the only advantage is watching special/limited edition versions of films not released on other formats and no detoriation of media and associated playback artifacts that occur with VHS.

All in all seems better and wiser to enjoy DVD and Bluray.

Do you own many actual LD movies?

I remember renting them from Chinatown,you'd have to leave a $200 security deposit and they'd inspect the discs before and after for any damage lol

Picked up a job lot a number of years ago. Bout 300 ld's, 2 doz hi-vision ld's and most of the LA discs.

I contemplated delving into the world of LD but am put off by...

- Having to flip/swap/wait for a disc change due to the limited storage space.

- Video only being encoded and output in composite. Seems to defeat the purpose.

- Price, unreliability and difficulty in obtaining both the players and the movies.

Seems to me the only advantage is watching special/limited edition versions of films not released on other formats and no detoriation of media and associated playback artifacts that occur with VHS.

All in all seems better and wiser to enjoy DVD and Bluray.

Yes it is annoying for the single sides player [emoji23]

Upscaled properly it is quite decent. Nowhere near BD quality but imho similar to dvd.

Players and discs can be quite cheap nowadays if bought as a job lot. Shipping is the killer due to the weight. The hi-vision/muse player tips the scales at 40kgs [emoji23]

Agreed about the 'not on dvd/bd' list and mainly for the nostalgic look.

Just like all of us collecting 'retro consoles' ;)

I'm solely keen on it for the non-SE versions of Star Wars. I have to stop myself chasing other stuff, especially because I'll never watch them!