Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Cricket Thread

DKong

after travelled through india 4 times over the past 10 years you have no idea how bad 'delhi belly' is until you have actually had it..it's so bad and can't describe how terrible it is.

Agreed.

It's been a sad indictment on commentators like Robertson, Border and Fitzsimons who have bagged Renshaw over needing to go off the field.

At it's worst, diarrhoea can kill you through electrolyte loss.

It'd be a rather phyrric victory if he pushed on in adverse conditions, only to render himself unable to play for the next six months or so.

Agreed.

It's been a sad indictment on commentators like Robertson, Border and Fitzsimons who have bagged Renshaw over needing to go off the field.

At it's worst, diarrhoea can kill you through electrolyte loss.

It'd be a rather phyrric victory if he pushed on in adverse conditions, only to render himself unable to play for the next six months or so.

Border was behind Dean Jones staying on in 1986, and probably going within an inch of his life dying. The comments from Border at the end sicken me, when someone is throwing up and pissing themselves uncontrollably they should not be on the field - they should be in hospital immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvnxbbX4fA

And too boot, Border treated Jones like absolute crap at the end of his career.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Aussies have just finished them off, won by 333 :cool:

Harbhajan Singh may not have seen a worse Australian side tour India, so I'd hate to see what would happen if we did send a good side.

Bet the curators at the next ground have the sprinklers on if for the next couple of days to green it up a bit :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bitch Marsh makes a duck, has hardly bowled in this series and we have Kawawaja sitting on the sidelines? WTF? He can not possibly play in the next test match. Granted he copped a crap ball that didn't bounce, but he is in there as an alrounder and they just do not need his bowling. FFS Aussie selectors, piss him off.

I know India is a tough place to bat on their crap pitches they prepare - but so far he is averaging about 11 for the series. His career average is about 21 from 34 innings - how many other players have Australia pissed off after only a game or two, but Marsh is playing his 21st Test and still hasn't really delivered. Leave him for ODI's if you must, but he is not a test cricketer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Will the current pay dispute be resolved soon, so we can have Ashes Test Matches this summer?
Hoping so! Getting ridiculous reading all the media reports about whether or not it will go ahead

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

It's dragged on for months.

Something will give. Sometime. Soon.

Hoping so! Getting ridiculous reading all the media reports about whether or not it will go ahead

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
I Used to love Cricket and then it got real boring kinda robotic now. What is Female Cricket like is it as putrid as the men's game?

As i was saying earlier they have improved out of sight now that they are full time professionals. It is watchable now where as years ago it was a bit cringeworthy.

Well the girls choked last night, catches win matches. It was theirs to lose and they did. Shame as they batted so well. Their game has improved 200% in the last 2-3 years, except for the fielding display yesterday.

Only game of the series I got to watch - if it was Pakistan dropping those catches, you'd be investigating them. Absolute sitters, including two by Healy with the gloves on. Should have won that game easy.

But I agree, the power in the shots from the women and stroke play is a massive improvement on what I saw a couple of years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know of any good cricket websites with live scores? Cricinfo has been absolute rubbish since they decided to 'upgrade' the format.

Not that's I've looked, but I think either the ABC or FoxSports should be alright.

CricInfo - FFS, not idea what they were thinking. That's what happens when ESPN (American company with apparently limited knowledge of the sport) buys out CricInfo. They kept it the same for years and then absolutely stuffed up what used to be a great live score site. Some egghead decide to make it "modern" and f*%ked the whole thing up.

Horrible doesn't even begin to explain what it's like now.

"Now the players all wear colours, the circus is in town. I can no longer go down there, down to that sacred ground " Paul Kelly

Pretty much sums me and my (ex)love of cricket.

I played alot of cricket in a few states and love it with a passion.

But greed and egos have ruined it for me now....since about the Warne era.

Steve Waugh....last of the greats.

Can't stand 90% of the people, players and commentators in the sport now.

Still love to throw my arm over when I can.

Maxwell 213 not out off 260 in a shield game.

In typical Marsh fashion, Shaun has probably already done enough to ensure he is a wart on the arse of the Aussie Cricket side for the next couple of tests :(

Still reckon the selectors tonight are kicking themselves that they didn't piss him off while they had the chance. Aussies are gonna be pushing sh1t up a hill in this series if they persist with a 4 person bowling attack, at least Maxwell gives them an option to give the fast bowlers some relief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...