Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to mame in QLD

Well as for introductions. Hi, I am Patrick and I want to learn more about making my arcade cab better :)

It is all a little overwhelming atm, I guess my first step will be to take photos of the internals and post them in this thread. I will see if I can get onto that tonight. Might be a bit of a pain as I have to move the cab to get into the back and take photos of the arcade monitor and all the misc JAMMA gear of which I have little idea about :)

I will grab a beer and start shifting crap I think. Will post photos as soon as I am able.

Edited by Davefjedi

Patrick, I seem to remember seeing some posts from you on Whirlpool a while ago in the Mame thread running on there!

I too have been on these forums a short while and learned heaps. Welcome.

Sad to hear your project has stalled somewhat.

I'm sure the guys here will get you going again. :)

Yeah, it has stalled due to lack of time and effort on my behalf. Also due to the fact I am too scared to actually touch anything. Everytime I think I have learnt something, I find something else that makes me again think I know nothing.

Right now, the thing I REALLY want to do is rewire the cab internals and make it neat, tidy and above all fully functional.

I have 7 weeks of holidays ahead of me (teacher) and godammit I aim to use that time to AT LEAST rewire the cab. I have an electrical engineering mate coming to help me, but he knows nothing about JAMMA, just about basic wiring.

So this is my next step, make some posts, take some pics and seek some help :)

No need to be too scared about working on your cab. Plain common sense prevails. Make sure it's unplugged from mains supply before doing anything, and just take care around the back of the monitor. If you end up doing any work on your monitor, just take a look around the forum for how to safely discharge it. I think the Jomac forum in the Commercial section will have the best info regarding anything monitor related. Oh, and welcome to AA!! :)