Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Favourite style of arcade machine

166 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite style of arcade machine

• Lowboy (20" or smaller)
    • Fatboy (26" +)
    • Driver
    • Shooting
    • Cocktail
    • Candy
    • Dedicated (American/LAI etc)
    • Other please specify

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80's Taito Uprights, LAI 25" "dedicated" cabs and my absolute favourite would obviously have to be Gottieb Challenger 26" uprights. Perfect sized cabinets, compact in design. Sturdy as anything, and equipped with the best hardware at the time. The Challenger cabs were way ahead of the pack back then, literally thought of everything!

Is the Gottleib Challenger 26" upright available in 4 player, or just 2 player?

It is indeed available in 4, although I only really remember seeing the 2 Player machines back in the day. One of the nicest pictures you'll ever see. 2nd only to an Egret MS9 29" Nanao.

80's Kid, sorry for the novice question but is the 4 player Challenger any wider than the 2 player?

The others have beaten me to the punch. I think it's 4 x Hex bolts holding the panel in place (just like the 2 player panels) and the best thing is that the panel's wires are connected via a fingerboard system connected to the junction box. It's a little less "hassle-free" when compared to the LAI 4 players cabs. The one thing I like about the LAI cabs, the credit buttons light up when a coin has been inserted. You won't see that happen on a Gottlieb. It is possible however, to hardwire a Sunrise credit board to the Gottlieb junction box. It's a lot of work, and you have to know what you're doing.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the size, artwork and monitor position of the Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga cabinets.

Outside of my Mame machine which is just an LCD and an Xarcade Tankstick - my authentic experience is my ArcadeSD in a Galaga cabinet!

My favorite cabinet of all time is the Discs of Tron Environmental. You don't see those around much anymore.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wondering is Mortal Kombat original cabinet different to LAI

I remember the bat top original MK in the early 1990's, sometimes i used to see the ones with MCA joysticks.

Not sure which one is meant to be original

• 2 weeks later...

All the MK cabinets are LAI (in Australia)

but MK1 is a bit different to the others.

Do you mean MK1 not all of them were Lai?

Which were the one that used happ bat top joysticks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk