Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Space Invaders Cab (Taito)

I am selling an empty Taito Spacies Cabinet. It is in fair condition, artwork, perspex nice and clean (There are some initials graphiti in texta on one side)

The cardboard back drop has some tears, the reflective glass is included.

Some operator had put in a 4 way joystick and added a couple more buttons (doh!) and he put a blank plate on right two buttons. See pic I removed blanking plate exposing player 1 and 2 button holes) There was black paint over control panel which I scraped off revealing original artwork.

Am asking $700 for the cab plus will throw in a non working spacies cocktail

which has a working monitor you could put in the large cab. Also have 2 sets of L boards that have problems of some sort (striping graphics on screen - see pics)

This was a project taking space in the garage for 15 years, will never happen and need to make space for car!

Located lower bluemountains (10 mins up m4 from penrith)

I am not able to upload pictures (hit quota!!? admin hopefully increase my quota pls):023:

so I slapped some pics here;

http://www.alttokyo.com/gg/invaders.htm

http://www.alttokyo.com/gg/si.JPG

Edited by lentildude

LOL, I have hit my quota also .....

You will need to remove some of the old pics and have your pics hosted on photobucket or another file sharing website, the link to them to avoid maxxing out your image quota ...

I had to do this yesterday ...

• 3 weeks later...
The artwork is in excellent condition, it is not stripped. The operator who drilled 2 extra holes in control panel is a dill but you could either plug them or for a very quick spacies put in a 60 in 1 board and use the 2 extra buttons for the other games as well as playing spacies. The 2 extra sets of spacies L boards I am throwing in (with working monitor) as a bonus. This is a cheap full upright cab spacies solution for a collector, cheapest I have seen is on ebay for $1500. Shipping one of these will cost a fair bit, mine is not far from Sydney so Sydney sider could save on shipping if you have a trailer. (Actually I remember transporting this on the back of a convertable softtop suzuki siera.. Got a lot of looks driving it through traffic.)

We all want stuff cheap huh, but........ I dont think we should question a fellow members pricing in his for sale thread. I reckon its pretty slack if we go down that path.

I would pay the money, just dont have it lol

I didnt "jump" on him... Its been on for two weeks with no interest its had a price drop with no interest.. I think its fair to haggle in any for sale thread and this is no different except all I am saying is it may be Space Invaders but as it is its a little high in price...

If someone wants it at that price thats great... I am sure if you wait long enough there will be someone willing to pay....

To clear up the word "stripped" I am referring to the internals not the external artwork...

Anyway good luck to the OP with the sale.... I still think its a tad high, I have seen them sell for that price in complete working order with the same quality external artwork over the years quite a few times.....

• 7 months later...

thanks a million lentidude.

already gone over both the spacie invader L shaped midway boards you threw in with it , surprisingly one had a lai space war set of roms.. the other had a invader wars , still investigating who coded it.

again thanks for giving me such a awesome project to restore :)