Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Daytona USA Arcade on PC?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just has this running the 42"/i5 system at work. very smooth running graphics and so good on the big screen.

set up a linked game on our network with the i5 and a laptop. runs perfect so easy to set up.

could be twin cab set up time at home.

just has this running the 42"/i5 system at work. very smooth running graphics and so good on the big screen.

42" LCD? It would be great to setup a emulated driving box at home. I have had a muck around with model2 in my lowish spec mame box running an arcade vga and original daytona runs well and looks great on the 26" tube in my arcade cab. I chuck it on and leave it in attract mode sometimes for some good memories =)

I forgot about this thread.

Thanks heaps for documenting all the progress, I've just finally played Daytona at home for the first time!

I havn't forgotton about this thread, just not ready to continue yet.

I have 3 steering wheels and pedals now, slowly collecting.

I have a design for the cars which I would like to do, just not sure if possible yet.

I'm planning to build them on 6x4 trailers. 4 cars each on 2 trailers.

These will be permanent fixtures and not removable from the trailers.

Will share more information as I get closer to build time.

• 6 years later...

I know it is a 7 year old thread but I didn't want to open a new one for the same reason.

I am running Daytona in an old Pentium4 3.0ghz, 4GB, Windows xp 64bit and ATi Radeon 3870 1gb in a crt vga 28". Daytona in m2 runs mostly at 57-60fps with 640x480 resolution. No need to upgrade to a more powerfull pc right? Also is there any perfect m2 version without the minor glitches in Dayona?

There is an add-on program for it, by Sailorsat, called m2lagfix. It's not the simplest thing to set up, from what i've read. I never got it running. I think can't remember what the thread on Arcadecontrols forum is called. @Berty, i linked it in that thread you had about Daytona PC to real cab recently? Can you find your thread at all?

Development on the emlator itself was dropped like a stone at one point. Rumour has it Sega took a look at what Elsemi was doing and hired him to code the Daytona ports for PS3 and others.

If it is just Daytona your after, why not just use a Dreamcast with the proper Sega game. The game is a perfect copy of the arcade but has 3 other tracks unlike the original Sega arcade version.

The 3 extra tracks are the same tracks but in reverse so anti clockwise instead of clockwise which is basically a collection of different tracks.

The Dreamcast version of Sega rally however is a much better game than the arcade. It does have truly "different" extra tracks as well as the originals.

You'll need a Jap version of the Dreamcast to run them unless you mod a PAL version of the Dreamcast but with all the modding that is still going on with the Dreamcast, that isn't an issue and you can load the games on Memory sticks now so no more GDRom problems.

To me this seems a better idea rather than trying to do the same thing with a PC. Better to have the Sega parts and the proper game rather than trying to emulate but others may know better.

buttersoft

Thanks for the information. I thought that m2lagfix is only a fix for the link connection of daytona, am I wrong?

Autosteve

Before I found the original but faulty Daytona arcade, I was thinking of buyilding this from the start and using a Dreamcast. Later I changed my mind and decided to go with a pc and m2 emulator. Daytona in Dreamcast is very good I agree, but it doesn' have the same feeling like the arcade version, not at least to my eyes. The graphics are way far better and since I own a original cabinet, then why not use the closest port to the arcade game?

buttersoft

Thanks for the information. I thought that m2lagfix is only a fix for the link connection of daytona, am I wrong?

Autosteve

Before I found the original but faulty Daytona arcade, I was thinking of buyilding this from the start and using a Dreamcast. Later I changed my mind and decided to go with a pc and m2 emulator. Daytona in Dreamcast is very good I agree, but it doesn' have the same feeling like the arcade version, not at least to my eyes. The graphics are way far better and since I own a original cabinet, then why not use the closest port to the arcade game?

The Dreamcast is "native" VGA output. That should get the graphics way better.