Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aus delivered pins????

knight76

So, I read about Aus delivered pins as if they are something above and beyond, or something to be noted for. But I fail to see why.

What is the big deal with the aus delivered pins? From what I can tell they are all built in the exact same factory as any other pin of the same game, all that is changed is just the power requirements so it won't blow up when you plug it in, and the little coin door insert and mech.

Otherwise, I don't really see any reason to buy an aus delivered pin over one that was imported.

Can anyone shed light on this for me? Isn't it better to buy based on condition, than what country it has been sitting in?

They were all imported huh.

No its just a collector thing, and they appreciate that the machine was "destined" to come here lol Then there's guys who must have all original boards with matching serial numbers. Aussie delivered is usually used by sellers in a ploy to make their machine sound better than the next one. I am sure there are other reasons, but you either think its special or you dont.

It comes down to the fact that reimports have been on a container to their original destination and then been put back on a container to be brought out here (or more destinations in the middle)

So, people think that as a rule of thumb they are going to be in worse condition due to all the freight and action they have copped.

In contrast, Aus delivered machines have made there way here and have done minimal travelling and packing.

I personally don't really care if a machine is aus delivered or not, I look at them all the same :)

Main appeal for me would be the Aussie coin mechs (if present though it is unlikely), Aussie pricing, no need to alter jumpers and in the older machines it typically means no need for a step down transformer. It is nice to have a machine that has Australia labelled or stamped on it

As mentioned, the thought they haven't been in as many containers is also nice but that is not to say they haven't been moved from site to site and suffered the same abuse here anyway.

As far as performance goes, there may be slight cosmetic differences between Euro machines and others but they all play and do the same thing.

I personally think that aus delivered machines don't get a hammering like european machines. Some of the european machines ive seen are extremely dirty and worn. I would assume the aussie ones wouldn't be as used.

Did you see Tony's last container? Those pins were way better than most unrestored aussie delivered machines. Container pins have been dirty and worn in the past, but the better quality stuff is being sold now (the exporters got rid of their lesser stuff first).

there is really no differance,coin mech,coin door,power chord,transformer jumpers,language(dip settings on cpu) sticker for what country it was set up for,

when they are all lined up against the wall no one can tell which has been imported,

Did you see Tony's last container? Those pins were way better than most unrestored aussie delivered machines. Container pins have been dirty and worn in the past, but the better quality stuff is being sold now (the exporters got rid of their lesser stuff first).

Yes i did see Tony's last container and i even bought one and it was one of the dirtist that i have had from him. There was a number of parts missing and or worn to the bone.

The pin i got from Tony in the container before the last was much cleaner and not as hammered as the present one.

My first statement was an opinion of why some people state Aust imported machine. My assumption may be wrong for all i know. :)

• Super Moderator
the euros sometimes reset to their native language. pretty sure there is a jumper on the board to set default language (as opposed to the menus which set the language at the game level).

I think at the end of the day, there is no real rhyme or reason - you get a good machine or a bad one, it's luck of the draw as to what comes up for sale and what comes into the country as a 'container pin'.

I have had some very nice ones and some very ordinary ones. No real pattern to it, Aussie, American and Euro machines - some have been looked after and others haven't, just like a car really.

If there were two machines sitting side by side and one was an Aussie delivered machine and the other a Euro machine, I would pick the one in the best condition, not because of where it came from.

• Super Moderator
You can always see the difference with the pinballs that have been here all their life. Just look at the faded sides on any Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Getaway or Dr Who.

Our harsh sunlight ready sucks out the colours on the artwork.

What other pinballs are always badly faded.

Anything with yellow,orange or red

Oh, now you opened the can Knight !

Sucked me right in !

Bit sad with the euro roms, have to have a stir ,

lol sorry im bein a prick mate , me 1/2 cut

ok

aussie deliverd unit came out of the same factory, duh !

but they have lived in aus all their life.

for a start.. aussie machine smell better ! lol

most are not butchered or graffitied !

and have the right door !

most euro units are trashed !!

I guess ive been spoilt with mainly aussie units

This has made me appreciate them more

And yes they are worth more as far as im concerned !

and yes Greg matching ser #'s and low PF wear are impotant to some . lol

original manuals, transformers and coin doors all make these units special !

Crucify me if you want

I dont give a shit

Aussie del is better

However nice re-births can be done !

To me Classic pins are like an old car

Say Mustang or Camaro

I'm old scool

and like original

each to their own eh !

Have a good weekend,

Ando...

I think at the end of the day, there is no real rhyme or reason - you get a good machine or a bad one, it's luck of the draw as to what comes up for sale and what comes into the country as a 'container pin'.

I have had some very nice ones and some very ordinary ones. No real pattern to it, Aussie, American and Euro machines - some have been looked after and others haven't, just like a car really.

If there were two machines sitting side by side and one was an Aussie delivered machine and the other a Euro machine, I would pick the one in the best condition, not because of where it came from.

+1 but I'd like to add that never buy a machine unless you've eyeballed it yourself OR you can rely on someone with pin knowledge in the area to give you an evaluation - Marvellous things Mobiles are.:)

knight,...... change the dip settings on the cpu board to english,

ando77...... all 90's pins have the same transformer,they just change the pin's in the jumper plug,the power lead is plug in...... manuals.....can buy 1 for $50......coin door....$40 ................ swap the coin door,throw in a manual,put on a power chord,set power jumper to 250volt,.. scrape the williams sticker off and you will never know if it was aus delivered or not :lol :p

knight,...... change the dip settings on the cpu board to english,

ando77...... all 90's pins have the same transformer,they just change the pin's in the jumper plug,the power lead is plug in...... manuals.....can buy 1 for $50......coin door....$40 ................ swap the coin door,throw in a manual,put on a power chord,set power jumper to 250volt,.. scrape the williams sticker off and you will never know if it was aus delivered or not :lol :p

No Dip sw on WPC 95

ROM change may be required , no big deal though !

original manuals are better

cause they got grubby finger marks on em !

Re-birth

even includes new decals with matching ser #'s

new door , whos got new aussie doors ?

then yes it may be hard to tell. for some ?

yes bottom line is if the pin looks and plays good

doesn't matter :D

only the anal purist me, may care ? :lol