Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forum Updates

• Administrators
I only installed it as a request I don't use the function or have tested it personally.

I set it up to test it and since I'm a little anal about my read/unread the pinball highscore forum was top of my list as a "test" ;)

Despite all other forums now being read and therefore black instead of orange the Visual Pinball forum shows an unread thread status. All personally visible forums are completely read and therefore black for me but the main forum header is orange indication and unread thread. This is unread posts in the highscore forum. Not a big issue, just mildly annoying.

Brad

• Administrators

Blackend.

I cant stand any of the light skins. To me they are hard to read.....maybe I should get glasses ;) I'll test and let you know. As I said in my first post it could be skin related.

Brad

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've been doing a little housecleaning and updating.

Post Like/Thank mod updated. Has a nice little thing at the top of a thread showing how many thanks and likes in the entire thread with a drop down where you can see and click on the posts that were liked.

User Tagging updated.

Installed the advanced Quick Post mod which adds a lot of extra stuff.

Re-enabled the notification's mod, I never got this to work right but doing the domain change I found issues that were preventing some thing working properly.

I might give the classifieds a revisit and run it along side the current trading system. I'm keen to see how it runs and if people use it.

My email address has been changed to reflect the domain change along with the paypal email, arcade-king@aussiearcade.com and paypal@aussiearcade.com. and Brad's will be brad@aussiearcade.com.

Toodles.

Trav

• Administrators
I forgot to mention all notification will appear at the bottom of the forum now and can easily be dismissed with the X or click on them. The inbox which is in place of the old notifications at the top right goes straight into your PM's

There's a mod on another pinball forum I was visiting that tags pinball shorthand so you can mouse over to to find out what game they're talking about. That was handy for a newcomer. IE, mouse over "MM" would show "Medieval Madness" in a little tag box.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Outage Notification - 8PM - 27th May 2016 WAST

Due to my moving office, and thanks to a mess up with getting the fibre installed in my new premises and having to move the servers to a Data Centre temporarily, there will be an outage on Friday the 27th May 2016 starting at 8pm WAST. There will then be another outage sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks hopefully to move the servers from the DC to my new office where I have built a new server room. The outage will take all systems offline for a period of between 4 and 12 hours depending on how smoothly things go.

I will advise when the second move is going to take place, but I am sure its going to be at least 3 weeks away.

Shane

Edited by cwispy

Due to my moving office, and thanks to a mess up with getting the fibre installed in my new premises and having to move the servers to a Data Centre temporarily, there will be an outage on Friday the 27th May 2016 starting at 8pm WAST. There will then be another outage sometime in the next 2 to 4 weeks hopefully to move the servers from the DC to my new office where I have built a new server room. The outage will take all systems offline for a period of between 4 and 12 hours depending on how smoothly things go.

I will advise when the second move is going to take place, but I am sure its going to be at least 3 weeks away.

Shane

What will I spend my day doing then! No AA :'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
There will be another outage this Saturday the 18th June starting at 6:00PM WAST and could extend through until early hours of the morning while I make the final move of the servers from the data centre to my new server room.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've found a plugin to solve the problem where people didn't get any notification when their upgraded account subscription expired.

You will now see a notification under the Shoutbox with notifications for 30 and 7 days and a 48 and 24 hour expiry notice.

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By request Wanted and Found prefixes have been added to the wanted section.

Woohoo! Thanks Dave for passing this on. I think this will make it much easier to browse the wanted section and see what people need and what people have already been able to find. Off to update my posts now...

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
Will Aussie Arcade site be secure? Only reason I ask it that the latest Firefox keeps bugging me that it not HTTPS.

I spoke to Brad about this before Christmas and was going to look at implementing https because of changes to Google and Facebook, however since AA doesn't keep any sensitive information like credit cards, Addresses etc its not high priority.

I don't think having HTTPS ensures your site wont get hacked anyway.

wasn't it just fantastic of self appointed the moral police of the web to do this? they're now also telling non technical users that eway shopping sites ( which safely redirect to secure gateways) are "insecure" because the front end isnt https... thereby issuing live ammo to non technical users who go on a rage they dont actually understand and get stuck into sales people who also dont get it but then have to go and shout at management who then go and shout at technical people who then have to fix a problem that isnt a problem... yay tail wag dog..

• 4 months later...