Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Batman 66 - the next Stern

chopchop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not that most games are awesome out of the box. This is about this game being terrible out of the box.

I know all the people that have them will be saying give it time. Good luck to you. I've just spoken to Bruce and asked for a refund. Which he is giving me thank god

I hope it eventually comes good...

I get that this game is not for everyone and that is fine, there are lots of terrible games that have been bad and have become a great game. Who knows if this game would full under that banner.

I hope that I would be, looks great and has alot to offer if done right with this release and future releases by Stern.

Nice to see that a refund has been made to you, perhaps that you purchase many and all your pinballs thru him ?

- Con

I get that this game is not for everyone and that is fine, there are lots of terrible games that have been bad and have become a great game. Who knows if this game would full under that banner.

I hope that I would be, looks great and has alot to offer if done right with this release and future releases by Stern.

Nice to see that a refund has been made to you, perhaps that you purchase many and all your pinballs thru him ?

- Con

I do. I basically buy every new pinball that comes out and most new pins are coded well enough out of the box. This one on the other hand isn't. I love the look and the theme but I can't put it on site

Bruce understood this and I'm taking it back. And using the credit on something else

I hope the game becomes great down the track. It's an expensive pin. So deserves it

- Con

That's all good for the home user, but Luke needs to site pins that have at least fairly good code out of the box.

I understand from an operators point this pin needs a bit more code to attract more players. As a collector I think/hope this pin will be great in time! The last update was fair and shows the direction the pin is going in. It may have been rushed out the door but I think it is way to early to rate this pin, silly to bitch about beta code!

I brought this pin to fit into my line up, whole family likes it now! Can't wait to surprise them with future updates.

Waiting to put pin blades on, due any day.

Totally agree with you @Pinball_Freak

Can understand Lukes predicament, but it's been great to hear my family regularly say "can we play Batman now".

I know exactly what you saying Macca101010.My GBLE is finally getting a rest with the family and theyare always drawn staright to the BM66LE :cool:

• Administrators
I understand from an operators point this pin needs a bit more code to attract more players. As a collector I think/hope this pin will be great in time! The last update was fair and shows the direction the pin is going in. It may have been rushed out the door but I think it is way to early to rate this pin, silly to bitch about beta code!

I brought this pin to fit into my line up, whole family likes it now! Can't wait to surprise them with future updates.

Waiting to put pin blades on, due any day.

At the same time its kinda silly to release a pin with beta code. Its sloppy and lazy and people should expect better for the sort of money they throw at these things and not just accept it as being the "norm".

I'm not bagging the pin. And yes my 5 year old son loves it to. But all I'm saying is that I can't risk putting this game on site. As the hotel I put my new pins in are all very good players. And if I put it out the way it is it will get a bad name.

I can't play it as it is at the moment. And I'm sure your feeling the same way. I understand you have time to wait and hope it improves over time. And for the money you all payed for this title I truely hope they don't walk away from it like they have with other pins

At the same time its kinda silly to release a pin with beta code. Its sloppy and lazy and people should expect better for the sort of money they throw at these things and not just accept it as being the "norm".

To be honest paying a little bit extra for pin, so Fn what...can we move on from this. And yes I would love every pin to come out fully coded as the norm...actually I'm still waiting for the first one! Modern games take longer to code so I'm cool with it. This is where the industry is...who knows maybe Mike will have Thunderbirds fully coded before shipping!

Yes I would like to think we should expect better...but it's Pinball. I've had to update all my new pins, Stern, JJP and Spooky.

So why don't we all band together and not buy any pins because code development is not complete on release. Your new 'norm' would put the manufacturers out of business. Just accept it! Sucks but bigger things to worry about than pinball code. Things like pinball mods lol just got package from Pinballlife...know what I'm doing today...testing new pin gulps hmm cold beer!

IMG_0219.thumb.jpg.95fd095d7966d535031fda202a715bf3.jpg

• Administrators
To be honest paying a little bit extra for pin, so Fn what...can we move on from this. And yes I would love every pin to come out fully coded as the norm...actually I'm still waiting for the first one! Modern games take longer to code so I'm cool with it. This is where the industry is...who knows maybe Mike will have Thunderbirds fully coded before shipping!

Yes I would like to think we should expect better...but it's Pinball. I've had to update all my new pins, Stern, JJP and Spooky.

So why don't we all band together and not buy any pins because code development is not complete on release. Your new 'norm' would put the manufacturers out of business. Just accept it! Sucks but bigger things to worry about than pinball code. Things like pinball mods lol just got package from Pinballlife...know what I'm doing today...testing new pin gulps hmm cold beer!

Man I'm defending you as a consumer and you take it as a dig wtf? If you're content in spending your hard earned cash on something that's half arsed finished all the more power to you but stop making excuses for them.

It seems highly unlikely to me that Stern would abandon code development. After all, this is their show-case 30th anniversary machine. I'm sure they wouldn't leave it unfinished (and the people who paid $15,000 for it would probably turn into lynch mob if they did).

It takes time to write and debug the code, and Lyman has to sleep occasionally. (I suspect that he already works far harder than is good for him.) They'll keep adding to the code base for several more months yet, I'd say.

Michi.

I played B66 (premium) for the first time tonight. I like the game. The artwork is nice, the lighting effects work without being overpowering, the playfield looks interesting, the LCD is spot on (as far as it goes with the limited clips at this point), all good stuff. (Can't comment on the sound; there were so many people at Netherworld tonight that I couldn't hear the machine much over the din of everything else. The subwoofer rocks though—I definitely could hear that :))

What I really like is the playfield layout. It flows, the shots are interesting, and not always easy. The scoop on the right wasn't easy to nail, and, for me, the toughest shot in the game is the left Catwoman ramp. I find it hard to get the timing just so; I've been bricking it a lot just a fraction to the left or the right. The other shots aren't too hard, in my opinion.

If I were to sum it up, it feels a bit like Ghostbusters in terms of flow and shotmaking, but without GB's randomness and brutality. Bricked shots are still punished, and good shots rewarded, but I don't get the feeling of GB where I often think "we might as well be drawing straws…" I'd say the difficulty level in terms of controlling the ball is roughly on par with Star Trek. Not as hard as TWD or GB. A serious player would probably want it a little harder.

This is a potentially great machine, in my opinion. What's really missing is the code to make it both interesting and difficult. As is, there is a lot of obviously unfinished stuff, such as selecting a minor villain (which does nothing right now, as far as I could tell) or finishing all the major villains (which does nothing as well). Put some coding effort into this game to add some complexity and force players to shift strategy depending on the situation, and we could end up with something really good.

It's all in the code now.

Michi.

Really enjoyed it this morning during the NW frenzy. I thought the left outlane was quite brutal and that rotating feature rejection sometimes dangerous and a bit "meh" as it would just slowly come back at you. It breaks the game momentum a bit. But fun colourful game and great display!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I played B66 (premium) for the first time tonight. I like the game. The artwork is nice, the lighting effects work without being overpowering, the playfield looks interesting, the LCD is spot on (as far as it goes with the limited clips at this point), all good stuff. (Can't comment on the sound; there were so many people at Netherworld tonight that I couldn't hear the machine much over the din of everything else. The subwoofer rocks though—I definitely could hear that :))

What I really like is the playfield layout. It flows, the shots are interesting, and not always easy. The scoop on the right wasn't easy to nail, and, for me, the toughest shot in the game is the left Catwoman ramp. I find it hard to get the timing just so; I've been bricking it a lot just a fraction to the left or the right. The other shots aren't too hard, in my opinion.

If I were to sum it up, it feels a bit like Ghostbusters in terms of flow and shotmaking, but without GB's randomness and brutality. Bricked shots are still punished, and good shots rewarded, but I don't get the feeling of GB where I often think "we might as well be drawing straws…" I'd say the difficulty level in terms of controlling the ball is roughly on par with Star Trek. Not as hard as TWD or GB. A serious player would probably want it a little harder.

This is a potentially great machine, in my opinion. What's really missing is the code to make it both interesting and difficult. As is, there is a lot of obviously unfinished stuff, such as selecting a minor villain (which does nothing right now, as far as I could tell) or finishing all the major villains (which does nothing as well). Put some coding effort into this game to add some complexity and force players to shift strategy depending on the situation, and we could end up with something really good.

It's all in the code now.

Michi.

Feels more like BDK than ghostbusters to me.

Absolutely loving my Batman66. Stunning looking machine just need some more code update as well all know.

The pinball refinery mods look magic. You thinking of giving them a crack Con?

Sure why not, I like to give myself a challenge mate. I'll make a few test panels re flake on black for the coin door, shooter housing and speaker panel.

- Con

- - - Updated - - -

Mezel bringing out some mods as well.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball

Really enjoying mine as well, can't wait for more code.

Nice Tony, the more the better, most of these mods you can simply make as they are just toys with lights.

- Con