Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Suddenly.....white screen

Good Times

Question

Hi, hoping someone can help. I'm using an iCade 60-in-1 which has been working fine. Just wheeled the cab a few metres and turned on. It was fine for a few mins, then this white lined screen.

I've adjusted the screen/focus on my 20" Nanao to no avail. The icade seems fine as it's making the right sounds and I can navigate to a game and start it.

The only thing I have noticed that may be an issue is this blue/white wire which may have pulled off from the transformer. There is one tab (the 12.6v one) that looks like at some point something was soldered to it. I'm hoping to get some guidance before soldering on and trying. And I wouldn't have thought a removed wire would cause this kind of symptom either.

IMG_9131.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

6 answers to this question

Ok good advice :). Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Edit- just traced that removed power wire and it goes to the coin slot (which isn't in use, so most likely purposely disconnected). I would welcome any other ideas - cheers.

Thanks guys. Don't worry I'm not doing anything random (that wire was connected at some point).

I've cleaned each and every terminal with contact cleaner and still came up the same. Chassis on the way to Jomac, won't hurt to get a once-over in any case. The Jamma connector has seen better days, I might take the time to make a new loom for the machine whilst the chassis is away.