Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinfest 2017

Have we made a date for Pinfest yet? I haven't looked at all the threads in the middle. Late September/ early October is the school holidays, plus Bathurst is in there somewhere too. I suppose you already know.:cool:

School holidays clash with Pinfest every year.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But this year clashes with Bathurst. Bad idea IMHO. Sorry won't be there as the V8's will win out every time.

V8's have lost the plot for me. I was involved when we had mixed classes and racing was real. Now they are all the same cars with different engines - BORING BORING BORING....each to his own.

But this year clashes with Bathurst. Bad idea IMHO. Sorry won't be there as the V8's will win out every time.

Has the date been set?

If so and it is Bathurst weekend I am out also.....Would have liked to come this year as the fence stopped me last year.

Pinfest 2017

Agree Bathurst is the best weekend [emoji41] my bum is firmly planted on the couch lol. Pinfest looks like a fantastic event a credit to all involved [emoji122][emoji122]

People will always have differing ideas and opinions on what 'floats their boat'.

Maybe some of the younger members on here never saw just how good motor racing used to be 30 years ago in Australia and so they are of the opinion that "nothing beats V8's the way they are today" :unsure Sadly, to me, the V8's paraded today are a pathetic excuse for just how good Bathurst, Lakeside, Oran Park and many other events used to be. The cars raced now don't even exist in 'the real world' for all practical purposes and that's just not how it should be IMO. Might as well just have Nascar etc.

That's fine - others have young children and commitments to them as Pinfest clashes with school holiday time.

Everyone will make plans to be involved in what interests them the most. It's always a personal choice.

As long as everyone is happy with their choice there is no problem.

As I understand things, Pinfest is held around this time of year because a suitable venue is difficult to find at other times so we all just have to work with the timing as best we can OR do other things as we see fit to suit our own circumstances.

Pretty sure the 'Bathurst' comments mate are just to suggest if that weekend could be avoided we would love to come...

I wont even get started on your "it should not be done because it's not practical" comment.

But I digress...

Your so right about motor racing in general? It was better when a Ford or Holden raced passed a Capri or Gemini. Slowing them down, getting in the way. They had to use more expertise in driving back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well unfortunately, like every year, we are at the mercy of what CBH will let us have. They give us the room for free, but the downside of that is that they get to pick the dates. We dont even know what room we will be in - hopefully it will be the larger one we used last year.

Well unfortunately, like every year, we are at the mercy of what CBH will let us have. They give us the room for free, but the downside of that is that they get to pick the dates. We dont even know what room we will be in - hopefully it will be the larger one we used last year.

Hey guys it's all good. I was just mentioning the clash. I fully understand how difficult it is to get a venue anywhere and dates will never suit everyone. Bathurst is just a bigger clash than usual. I'm sure it will still be a great event. Last year was great and agree that is the better room.

Pinfest 2017

Last year we had these two for sale, I'm working on ideas for this year already.

My wife bought the black one for me last year and I love it because of all the manufacturer logos. I wanted a pinball shirt that was about pinball in general instead of just about Pinfest and this one was perfect for that - Pinfest on the front and pinball on the back.

So the dates haven't been confirmed yet? So why all the Bathurst talk. ?

I think it is referred to as "having all information available to you" to perhaps maximise attendance?

Gee wizz, seriously it was purely to make the organisers "aware" of the date! Nothing more!

I fully understand the organisers may not have a choice, BUT if they do...

And clearly there are quite a few of us.

Not aimed at you Eddie.

Please carry on.

Oh well.

I'll just make sure it's on the Tele so I can watch it.

Watch the race start before we let anyone in and we'd be packed up before the end

So for me it's a win win win in that case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk