Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wildball V

Thanks Greg and Michelle for putting up with me for 12hrs. Had a great day and night plus a full belly.

Thanks Brett and Nomie for the driving duties this round. Now to get home to sleep for a day.

Sofa King tired.

Good to catch up with everyone again.

619374e8073237f5917b74f419c4d3fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dedrok

Pity.

I have Funhouse dialed in nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Greg and Michelle for your hospitality tonight. I can't believe the effort you put in Greg to get all that food to us? I'm suprised Michelle didn't want to help you? Just stirring. Ha. The food was outstanding. What a great effort, plus great machines that are perfect. Also, can't forget all the guys and girls that make up Wildball too. What a combination? Thanks, Wazza.

Royal Raby was the place to be last night..Greg and Mich you treated us like royalty, including a feast fit for kings, thanks so much!

We all fell under the spell of those beautiful machines - great play happening everywhere AND some stings in the tail...amongst the cheers, heard a good few screams of pain, let out some myself don't you worry....as Senator Hinch used to say - that's life, that's pinball.

Above all, a joy as always hanging out with everyone, see you at Loonydoonyville in 2 weeks, and as Skids advises - "bring your beanie" !! Cheers

What a great night. Greg n Michelle. Thanks heaps.

Great food. Coffee. Those little choc crispy things.

Great Machines. Great company.

See you all at Skids.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Big thanks to Greg & Michelle. The dinner offering was outstanding. I'm still full.

Equally amazing is the game collection. And add to that the great company that the wild ballers are makes for one incredible evening.

What a great night. Greg n Michelle. Thanks heaps.

Great food. Coffee. Those little choc crispy things.

Great Machines. Great company.

See you all at Skids.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Ohhhh. I saw those chocolate crackles sitting there, but missed out on them.[emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Well what can I say as it has already been said..

This Wildball comp just gets better and better..

It is a big call to put on the food and to cater for x amount of people..

And there was a massive choice to choose from..

You guys put it on and it was awesome,

pins were in immaculate condition just some were playing more kindly to some players 😁

Was a pleasure to watch Mat work his magic on how to play pinball..

Cannot wait to see everyone at Skids in 2 weeks

Sent from my C6903 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Wildball Crew

First a huge thanks to Edy & Brett for the hours they put into fixing a few minor issues with 3 machines prior to most people turning up and must say they played well throughout the night for all of us. Much appreciated !! Nomes thank you for bringing salads and pastas also helping Michelle with the preparation of food awesome !!

To everyone who turned up it was our absolute pleasure to have you all over , hope you enjoyed yourselves. If someone had said to me a couple of years back you would have so many good players in your house playing comp on your machines having so much fun I would have said yeah whatever. It shows what Wildball is all about and I'm sure it will only get bigger in the years to come. So off to Skids now cant wait to get in that garage and the best thing its only 2 weeks away Yeh !! Keep on Flippen.

Greg & Michelle

- - - Updated - - -

Well what can I say as it has already been said..

This Wildball comp just gets better and better..

It is a big call to put on the food and to cater for x amount of people..

And there was a massive choice to choose from..

You guys put it on and it was awesome,

pins were in immaculate condition just some were playing more kindly to some players

Was a pleasure to watch Mat work his magic on how to play pinball..

Cannot wait to see everyone at Skids in 2 weeks

Sent from my C6903 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thanks Dave

Another outstanding arvo and evening of top quality machines (that Funhouse!) and camaraderie. Thanks to all, but of course and most especially Michelle and Greg. Special shout out of appreciation to all our recent hosts who have not only cooked themselves, but been so accomodating in cooking treats for those of us who no longer chew down the hog. 8 delightful choices last night was ridiculous - in a fine way.

I'm just grateful for the invite and good times, and I hope that all the rest of our hosts don't feel out upon to make such a monumental effort. It's enough just to have us all, let alone going above and beyond.

Catch you all soon.

• Administrators

Michelle and Greg,

Huge thanks for having us over guys. Great feed, great games, great company......& furbs plays like crap. Pretty much the same story as usual :)

We all really appreciate the effort that hosts go to in making sure WB is such a success every month.

Dave

Belated Thank You to @Greg Mcmahon and Michelle for putting on another great evening of Pinball.

As I advised in the PM, you will not be disappointed with a trip to Royal Raby, those machines are in tip top condition. I can't recall a need for any game to be stopped for technical reasons. Great testimony to Owners.

And what about the food!!!! - Whats the next step? catering?????

Great night.

During the frivolity I did notice @Rawdon achieved a PB on Metallica.

Onwards and upwards.

With the completion of the 4th round, we have the results for the 2017 Wildball #1 series.

please see table here -> https://matchplay.events/live/series/223

I want to thank @timmychap for ensuring the series was properly recorded in the Matchplay software.

So our next Meet at @skids will be the finals for Series #1.

You will see in the original post - season(series) final consisting of best of 3 single elimination bracket format. Top 16 will advance to the final (or 50 percent of field if less than 32 qualifiers).

For those who have not qualified for the finals we will be holding a side comp complete with a monetary prize.

So there is incentive for all to come.

I will forward the usual PM over the coming weekend.

Stand by for more info on the finalists.

Edited by cardini

Belated Thank You to @Greg Mcmahon those machines are in tip top condition. I can't recall a need for any game to be stopped for technical reasons. Great testimony to Owners.

Ahem

Plus a few hours tweaking earlier in the day [emoji3]

What's the rules with 50% or less games played?

Will a heap of people be excluded from the 32?

Wildball 2017 Series #1

https://matchplay.events/live/series/223

Below is the detail for the finalists. I will post a separate message for the 2nd Tournament. Please PM me if you are unable to attend the finals. If a finalist has not signed in by 5.15pm sharp we can offer their position to the next ranked player.

Qualifying

The top half of the field will qualify for the finals. Please note those that did not participate in at least 50% of the rounds (2 rounds) will not be counted to determine the total field.

We had 35 participants, all but 6 players paid at least 2 rounds, so the top 29 players qualify for the finals.

Therefore 14.5 players move into the finals. So we will have to have a play-off for the last finalist position between the 14th and 15th player (for all other players please see below for the details of your series #1 tournament). The loser of this play-off will be entitled to play in the secondary tournament.

Once the play-off for the last place is decided we will have the top 14 players for Series #1. I will PM the two WildBallers

For logistical ease we will run the tournament on a 16 player bracket. Which means the first and second qualifiers will receive a pass in the first round.

Timing

We will be starting the final round at 5.30pm sharp so you must 'sign in' 15min prior. Again, please advise if you are unable to make the finals. If finalists are not signed in, the next ranked player will take their place.

Finals Play

For each round the top Seed will chose the game. The chosen machine will be used for all three games.

The second player will chose the order of play which will alternate during the set of all games. (i.e. first player in the first game plays 2nd player on the 2nd game and 1st player in the third game).

The semi-finals and finals will be conducted in the same fashion.

Edited by cardini

I'm going to be heading to the Great Australian Beer Spectacular at Sydney Olympic Park during the day. How long would it take to get to @skids place on the train from there? Looks like only a 500m walk from Doonside station...

Not sure how well I will play after "... more than 600 beers and ciders, up to 180 specially brewed Festival Beers & Ciders..."