Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 30 - Game 10 ~ Qix ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's getting a kick out of Qix? ...

Well these gamers are apparently ... and magrinder leads the weird line drawing game which has a very evil and unpredictable Qix! ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Qix1_zpscq73fc15.png

... and churgs artwork only scores 1,210 points ... as Count Dooku says, "Surely you can do better!" ... and as Frank says, "Don't call me Shirley!"

15 days to go until submissions close for this game ...

Edited by OOO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103927[/ATTACH]

I don't need a "U" to say "Q" :)
Now THAT is a compelling argument I had not even considered. Given your point, I would have not known what to do had CKF not dug through his vault of 1980s arcade posters. :D

I'll post it again here, since the other one was in the Merry Christmas thread. Here's the flyer from Taito, which shows it pronounced as "kicks":

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/taito/28118901.jpg

hopefully that settles the debate :D

Or is it because the Q in QANTAS stands for Queensland? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yea, but no, with some maybe thrown in too. Certain words, abbreviations and so on become accepted as standalones. For example the expression "I went to the atm machine" would raise only the eyebrows of the pedants, generally it is accepted as atm being word on its' own, much like Qantas.

And, no offence to our American friends, both MGLers and others, but I would hesitate to take advice on pronunciation from them :) :safeyet:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103929[/ATTACH]

And, no offence to our American friends, both MGLers and others, but I would hesitate to take advice on pronunciation from them :) :safeyet:

Haha. I almost forgot what the host country was for this forum! :laugh:

Just for that, I'll give you this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103928[/ATTACH]

I always loved the sound of QIX. Before I play a round, I have it on my Hankin table on the 48in1 jamma card & I have it in my Mame upright cab. Can I use either or just the Mame version?

48in1 version should be fine, we are playing with default settings. In the MGL you can use Mame, multi boards or real PCB's :)

I always loved the sound of QIX. Before I play a round, I have it on my Hankin table on the 48in1 jamma card & I have it in my Mame upright cab. Can I use either or just the Mame version?

To join the Qix kabbal check the settings in post #1 and use either (pro: eye-thuh) or either (pro: ee-thuhr) :)