Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

- - - Updated - - -

2017 Wildball

I want to again acknowledge the Hosts for opening up their games rooms and allowing the Wildball Throng to come through. For the uninitiated the amount of time, resources and stress involved is huge. Without them we would have no Wildball to enjoy.

Dates & Hosts - schedule changes in Bold.

18/2 Nasco62

18/3 Rawdon

29/4 Pinoffski

13/5 Greg & Michelle

27/5 Skids (1st Final)

10/6 Brett & Naiomi (possible Flipper Frenzy subject to Host approval)

24/6 Pinball_Freak

22/7 Defender1980

12/8 Audioenslaved

09/9 Michleh

14/10 Cardini (2nd Final)

UPDATE - the House is Full - no more players......

Score Keeper

TimmyChap

Officials

Audioenslaved

Mar

Jagojp

The Throng. Thanks to you as well for supporting Wildball. The social aspect of our league is what makes it so special. Prior years have shown us that around 30 attendees is a comfortable number. So we will be offering the places to the Wildball faithful first.

Players

Audioenslaved

Brett and Naiomi

Cardini

Dedrok

Defender1980

Fire_power

Furballx

Goodoldays

Greg McMahon & Michelle

Happypaintball

Jagojp

Mar

Malone

Mickleh

Nasco62

Mr and Mrs. Pinofski

Pinballfreak

Rawdon

RCJ

Ronl007 & Dloe

Silverbak

Skids

Sleazius

Sugoiorson

Swedishtaxi

Thejudge

Timmychap

gameroz

nich2pat

timebandit

oz_pinhead

Rollerball

Wedgehead

golja

Competition.

I want to stress the comp side of Wildball is only part of the fun. The social aspect is equally important. We all have a fondness for Pinball - Tournament play is only a part. General playing, repairing, restoring, and plain old reminiscing ( bull sh*ting about the old days) are just as important to this wonderful pastime. It's all part of the Wildball camaraderie.

The following detail are formalities in the main.

IFPA Endorsed

FORMAT:

Will run it the same as last year - although will be placing starting the comp at a standard time say 6.30pm :).

Qualifying rounds will be played in the Herb style format with 5 rounds consisting of 5/6 games per round and a season final consisting of best of 3 single elimination bracket format. Top 16 will advance to the final (or 50 percent of field if less than 32 qualifiers).

Date of Finals shown above. We currently have 11 rounds so will have to add an additional round in somewhere to create two series 5 rounds then a final.

The 2017 WPPR revision requires more games to be played in order to achieve any meaningful value for those chasing WPPR points. with that in mind, and subject to each host we should consider playing a Flipper Frenzy (side comp) in the afternoon of the meet. This will be trialed at a few meets, NOT all of them.

These events are fast, playing one to one over say 2 hours. these take a bit to administer, but can be rewarding both for game play and WPPR points.

See you at the first round.

@Audioenslaved can you copy and paste this to the first post and make to link to this post.

Edited by cardini

Thanks so much to all who have put up their hand to host this year - it really is appreciated so much and is the reason Wildball is so awesome. The opportunity to play the vast diversity in games is unique to this League in Australia and most of the world, and it's thanks to you.

Thanks so much to all who have put up their hand to host this year - it really is appreciated so much and is the reason Wildball is so awesome. The opportunity to play the vast diversity in games is unique to this League in Australia and most of the world, and it's thanks to you.

Happy New year to all Wildballers!

As so well said by Mar, am most grateful for the opportunity to again enjoy the Wildball experience in 2017 - huge thanks to all hosts, and to Cardini for setting it all up.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone, cheers.

Attention All Wildballers.

I am very pleased to announce an additional round hosted by @Pinball_Freak (please see the revised list of Meets - post #29)

The Freaks machines are in exceptional nick, that along with the promise of additional titles in his games room means it is a round not to be missed.

Other Hosts too will not disappoint with some telling me that have changed their line up. So each round will provide its own surprise.

This will make 11 rounds, so we may have to find an additional round somewhere along the way to make it 5 rounds qualifying for a final (two halves to the season).

We have also had to make our first change to the Wildball Calendar. This may not be the last one as the 2017 Pinball Calendar takes shape. Our 2nd round scheduled for 1st April moves to 13th May. the changes are in bold on the original Post (#29)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 18th at the first round.

more details to come.

Thanks Cardini, I appreciate you noticed the weeks of cleaning put in. Lol

As I have now unbalanced the comp....if you get stuck I will put myself through it all again! Maybe before your meet?

Ps I have a NIB knocking on the door got to go! Wtf it was a nock and run...maybe tomorrow lol (Warwick your BG should be here Thursday. Will PM you to org pick up cheers

Yes we currently have 11 rounds,

So thinking of following last years format - split the year into two halves each with 4 rounds of qualifying followed by a final and tack on a Flipper Frenzy comp for the 11th round.

This is a different style of comp, is fast and furious. playing as many one to one games in a set period of time.

Alternatively we find an additional round somewhere in the calendar and have 5 qualifying rounds and a final per half. :unsure

I am thinking the Flipper Frenzy might be the way to go as you play against more people in a one to one game. However some of the hosts locations may not suit this format. My location, for example is a little cramped which is not conducive to player moving in and out of the playing area quickly.

That said, Wildballer's might be so impressed by it as a format, that we could run it at every meet instead of the current format!?!

Thoughts??

Thanks Cardini, I appreciate you noticed the weeks of cleaning put in. Lol

As I have now unbalanced the comp....if you get stuck I will put myself through it all again! Maybe before your meet?

Ps I have a NIB knocking on the door got to go! Wtf it was a nock and run...maybe tomorrow lol �� (Warwick your BG should be here Thursday. Will PM you to org pick up cheers

Imo, if others agree, a FF component in the comp - even if not every round - would be great.

High pace increases the influence of the element of chance, but would be a hell of a lot of fun in the joyously convivial WB setting, ramps up enthusiasm, and for my part helps sharpen a blunt game.Please consider, cheers.

I haven't played Flip Frenzy yet, but I look forward to it? Maybe if space at some peoples places is an issue, just ask hosts who have space if it is ok? Anything else to add to our nights would be great, and if it's limited to a time frame, then yes, I'm in, if you think there is room here?:o

I'm all for Flip Frenzy if possible. Really social setting, fast, furious, fun.

Agree with the spacing issues - however VERY keen to try it out at a more spacious location.

Easy to get it out of the way in a limited period then kick back.

I'm all for Flip Frenzy if possible. Really social setting, fast, furious, fun.

Agree with the spacing issues - however VERY keen to try it out at a more spacious location.

Easy to get it out of the way in a limited period then kick back.

Other thing to keep in mind is machine/player ratio at each venue.

Rough benchmark : At Coogee, 40 players of all standards to about 14 machines made for nice quick turnaround, 3 ball games.

Well then it just needs to be adjusted to suit our needs, even if it takes a little longer. We're all here to have fun with the machines and enjoy each other's company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries Wazz, however as Tim said, the fast and furious nature of FF is what makes it so good, as you will see when you get to one ( next opportunity is Coogee on Oz Day ). That said, hope we can sort something if the committee so decides. I'm done, cheers.

Pick me up on the way through????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong direction Warrick...

I propose a kibosh on standing/score checking during a round to promote more social behaviour and talk about games. I'll admit I checked scores during but I think it'd be a nice change