Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PDI glass direct air import: success

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just ordered some glass off Jordano, at a fixed cost and a very reliable delivery method. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would go to the extra trouble and risk of transport damage, pay over the odds and then post as if this could be advantageous to us hobbyists. It seems completely asinine to complicate a great service that is thankfully available to us.

• Administrators
Ok guys fkn whatever seriously. Buy the glass however the f* you want, its a free world..

This post was simply made to show there are alternatives out there. On a lot of forums I notice people so often follow a single persons method for this kind of thing in a somewhat sheep-like manner. No slight on local forums in particular, this is a global phenomenon :p.

Anyway net outcome I think this is another local forum I'll leave everyone here to. It can join the ranks dtvforum.info in that regard with its similarly small minded attitudes. RGP was the Wild West of pinball back in the day, but frankly this place makes it look like the benevolent society :rolleyes :lol

blah blah blah blah yawn blah blah.

You started the crap by inappropriately posting this in somebody else's for sale thread. :unsure

Nobody give a rats arsehole about how many forums you're part of and I don't see why you feel the need to point that out in every second post. If you rub people up the wrong way you're going to get slammed no matter what forum it is, that's life man.

blah blah blah blah yawn blah blah.

You started the crap by inappropriately posting this in somebody else's for sale thread. :unsure

Nobody give a rats arsehole about how many forums you're part of and I don't see why you feel the need to point that out in every second post. If you rub people up the wrong way you're going to get slammed no matter what forum it is, that's life man.

I think it's also us Aussies will pick out the BS and call people on it too.

Glass looks great thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"To show there was an alternative" Like we needed you to tell us that. We have someone here who makes it easy to get something that we want. In this case PDI glass. Simple

We know there is another way. Like everything in life there is always another way. You just seemed to want to escalate something. I may be wrong and sorry to you if I am.

As you have said there is some strange stuff that goes on in forums. We've had our fair share here as well. Some stay some go some just want to stir up shit. Stick around and contribute long term and I'm sure the experience will get better. As you say it's a free world. Your choice.

Can I just say it and I know you're a forum vet here and I'll admit on forums where I've got over 2500 posts in 15 years I can sound like a village elder myself, but how do you know absolutely everyone here knows about alternative methods or doesn't want to hear that it can be done with no fuss or damage, extremely quickly at the higher cost?

Again, you're going to blame the 'Local Forum' for the negativity you received?? You're not going to own up to the fact that in this thread you did THE EXACT OPPOSITE to what you said to Dog in his thread??

Bye!

Yeah I am. Generalising but I swear to god I don't see this kind stuff elsewhere. Own up to what, posing a pointed query that I was genuinely interested in getting a response to but got a bitchy reply and stood my ground..

I think the way he answered a few of the first queries that were genuine helped it on its way! You can't call people dumb f!?($ and expect they won't bite back.

No one called you dumb at all buddy. If that's you're take then its pretty sad.

It's because of his attitude in this thread: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86278-Star-Trek-LE (and I quote "Maybe you should write your posts more clearly dude") and him then doing the complete opposite in this, his own thread!!

SMH :huh:

You again my friend. Knew it was only a matter of time before you chimed into this thread to make a commentary on how every relates to the other thread yadayadayada...

Premium Machines:

MM - yeah

TAF - nah

TZ - nah

FT - nah

Leaves 7..

FFS man, read the owners list right here on your forum that I took the time to post in, it takes about a minute. But if you must know (so you can give your frigging personal commentary) : MM, TZ, TAFG (DUH), CV, Hobbit LE, ToM, Fam Guy (traded on a GB), IJ,RFM,HH (oldest thing I've got), and FT (a Treasure Cove mint one cause its a sentimental fav/guilty pleasure). If you're definition of premium doesn't include a number of those, god help me with this place seriously. It's as if you think I'm making out I've got a bunch of old shitbox DE's and SEGA's and calling them premium machines.. What do I need a BBB in the collection to justify the using the term..

I have just ordered some glass off Jordano, at a fixed cost and a very reliable delivery method. I can't for the life of me understand why someone would go to the extra trouble and risk of transport damage, pay over the odds and then post as if this could be advantageous to us hobbyists. It seems completely asinine to complicate a great service that is thankfully available to us.

Awesome and entirely good call mate, freedom of choice, it makes the world go round:)! Using a premium service like DHL doesn't expose you to damage. In 20 years of a more than enough fragile stuff being sent, I can't think of any significant damage from global courier services of this level and if there was I claimed on it. Your choice of how to buy PDI doesn't somehow make my method better or worse, value is in the eye of the beholder dude.

I think it's also us Aussies will pick out the BS and call people on it too.

Glass looks great thanks for the heads up

Well said, agree with your sentiment about the Aussie perspective:). I think the difference on more 'globalised' forums is people know how be a little more classy in their responses even when mildly flaming people. Here in Oz you need to keep your flame suit handy in the even you say something the can even be taken slightly the wrong way.

Stay classy man :D

but when you have a premium collection and your time is valuable, money is immaterial

Agreed :D. I've seen people spend what I call stupid amounts on buying stuff for things they collect, be it pins, cars, etc etc. I hardly think I've gone that OTT to see PDI glass on some of my pins inside a week.

Have a nice evening gentlemen, that's enough replies in one session for me. Time to enjoy some pin-time:cool:!

I don't dispute that - BUT - $500 for a piece of glass, really?

How dare you call it a piece of glass Mike, Its not glass its a status symbol, you should Know that.

Isnt that the point of this thread? to tell us he has $500 glass. lol

no matter how you cut this one, it is a rippoff, the mark up would be at stupid levels.

First world problem, My glass isnt transparent enough lol

How dare you call it a piece of glass Mike, Its not glass its a status symbol, you should Know that.

Isnt that the point of this thread? to tell us he has $500 glass. lol

Well, that's my entire point - - - despite the multiple thread quoting and replying to all and sundry above the OP still can't just say " I paid $XXXX for one sheet delivered by air, all up" - that leaves me to guess that it's $500 a sheet which, quite frankly, is just plain ridiculous and (IMO) a complete waste of money that could feed 100 homeless people for a month....

Beats me why it is so hard just to give a figure ......:unsure

Well, that's my entire point

and your point is correct.

Some one really needs to do some research and find out what glass this mob are using and undercut those thieves.

no doubt it will be an off the shelf product used for some other purpose. With some stupid Out of this world Markup added on top

OK - the point that it wasn't clear exactly what had been paid per sheet has been made, generally agreed with and I think we can probably move on from that now?

As to the ridiculousness of the price for a sheet of glass - if $500 is ridiculous then so is the $395 that anyone else on this forum who has bought PDI glass has probably paid but that's a personal choice surely? There seem to be plenty here, me included, who have bought the stuff, love it and see the value. If someone wants to pay a premium to have it now rather than wait - again personal choice surely?

What's the relevance of how many homeless people that amount would feed? Given how much money most here spend on this hobby whether on machines, glass, mods, toppers, ColorDMDs etc etc. the same argument could be made to the entire hobby in general.

I'll end my contribution to this thread the same way I did the last one (and to any future ones that involve this guys *delusions of grandeur)...

RamboCoolStoryBro.jpg.97ba2611a3de276f0e244cb829dd3e92.jpg Cool_Story_Obama.jpg.b4cc4a619a6714b4d88537b28b841739.jpg

* A delusion of grandeur is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth.

It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in psychotic or bipolar disorders, as well as dementia (such as Alzheimer's).

PDI glass direct air import: success

No one called you dumb at all buddy. If that's you're take then its pretty sad.

cool:!

I didn't say you called me dumb. I in fact called myself dumb. You insinuated that others were with your "spoon feeding and not that confusing frankly" comments. You could have put all of this to bed very early but you chose to give half answers, if you could call them that.

All I wanted to know was how much it would cost to do it your way as I was thinking of getting some. But that was too hard to give an answer of

A: the actual price just for reference

Or b: saying you didn't want to give anyone the price.

Edited by Boof Head
Sp