Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Daaamn!! Which Op shop was that??

The one at Windsor. I've been there heaps of times before and there has always been bugger all. There was a heap of ps2 games too that I didn't bother looking through.

The op-shop guy had written the prices in permanent marker on the boxes though :(

I was able to wipe it off all but the NES boxes

Got a fair chunk of stuff over the weekend, but the pick of the bunch has to be this Metal Gear Solid Gamecube :D :

http://www.supergaijinultragamer.org/wp-content/gallery/march-2013-retro-game-haul/dscf1004.jpg

I really found some good stuff this time around, so I splurged and bought much more than just this GC, but I won't post picks in the thread as there are too many. Keep an eye out for an AA blog post later today or tomorrow, or get a sneak peak by heading to my SGUG blog now. I think people are doing their spring cleaning over here, so fingers crossed there will be more in the next few weeks! :D

Got a fair chunk of stuff over the weekend, but the pick of the bunch has to be this Metal Gear Solid Gamecube :D :

Oh score!! I'll be in Tokyo and Kyoto in a month if you feel like showing me around some Book Offs ;)

Oh score!! I'll be in Tokyo and Kyoto in a month if you feel like showing me around some Book Offs ;)

I'm a fair way from Tokyo and Kyoto, but if you come near my place I'd happily take you on my regular trek. :D

Hey Hollo do you see many Atari 2800's in your travels over there? Be interested to see what they sell for locally.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Anything Atari fetches really good money, and no matter which version, they are damn rare in the wild. I do see the occasional 2800 on the auctions, but they never go for cheap - the last went for about $200 from memory.

Anything Atari fetches really good money, and no matter which version, they are damn rare in the wild. I do see the occasional 2800 on the auctions, but they never go for cheap - the last went for about $200 from memory.

For the $200 are they boxed with games? I didn't think Atari was that popular there as it came out around the same time as the NES there and got swamped.

This one just arrived from the motherland. Fairly rare A2600 made in Ireland and only sold in Ireland.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/AtariIrish_zps6e653f74.jpg

For the $200 are they boxed with games? I didn't think Atari was that popular there as it came out around the same time as the NES there and got swamped.

Due to them not being as popular there aren't as many of them around, so they are pretty sort after with collectors. The one I saw wasn't boxed, but I can't remember what games came with it - it was a fair while ago now.

Another Atari turned up today. Very happy to get this one, NTSC as well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/heavy_zps30addece.jpg

Thanks for the info Hollo, at that price I will probably leave the 2800 idea for a bit.

Another Atari turned up today. Very happy to get this one, NTSC as well.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/heavy_zps30addece.jpg

Thanks for the info Hollo, at that price I will probably leave the 2800 idea for a bit.

That Atari 2600 looks like an heavy sixer

Finally picked up a Mega CD 1 for an OK price $130. Very happy to finally add one to my collection. I had one when they first came out in 1993 and it got lost during house moves. I'm still searching for a boxed one though :D

segacd.jpg.86a3494a3f06476d9adc86be83a0f695.jpg

Xegs - don't see too many around. Great p/u

Yeah they are a great console. Can play any 8 bit Atari carts though they are a bit harder to find here. Can add a disk or tape drive and keyboard to it and play even more games.

Hey knight. That xegs looks very familiar :)

Did you recently grab it from eBay? If so I hope you enjoy it.

Have a look into a side2 cart. About $80 landed but can load it up with xex games and run them from a sd card and menu system.

Going to grab one next month for my xegs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171005514546?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I am also getting parts to add a standard ps/2 keyboard port to my xegs. Will do a write up on this. Decided this as getting a keyboard from the us is crazy expensive with shipping

Edited by mamejay

Hey knight. That xegs looks very familiar :)

Did you recently grab it from eBay? If so I hope you enjoy it.

Have a look into a side2 cart. About $80 landed but can load it up with xex games and run them from a sd card and menu system.

Going to grab one next month for my xegs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171005514546?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I am also getting parts to add a standard ps/2 keyboard port to my xegs. Will do a write up on this. Decided this as getting a keyboard from the us is crazy expensive with shipping

Yep, grabbed this from ebay BIN, listed late at night, I bought it not long after it listed. Thanks for the console :-)

How do you go getting the original games for it? I missed out on a set of 6 XE games on local facebook trding site sold for $30 posted. Archon was one of them which I am annoyed I missed.

Hey Knight76, there is a guy I know at my local markets who has a bunch of Atari XE games boxed and sealed. I didn't buy any as I don't have an XE. However, I could ask him for the prices on the games next time I see him (if he still has the games of course). I would be happy to buy them and post them your way at the same price + post.