Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Been on a light phaser rampage of late.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/NESZapperboxed.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/NESZapper.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/Justifier.jpg

Already posted about these in the respective SEGA & Nintendo love threads so apologies about the double up. Seems a shame to let those threads die out, or maybe we should just post everything in one central location, i.e. here?

Have been slowly building up a FDS collection. Most of them are new/still sealed, I tend to go for these where possible as this pretty much guarantees they will work. Nothing worse than inserting a disk only to have it throw up a ton of error codes, or to find that someone has written over the disk with a different game.

Also picked up a new disk cleaner and tested it out on a crappy mahjong game that wouldn't load, and to my surprise it restored the game to a working state.

The boxed game at the top, Tobidase Daisakusen (AKA 3D World Runner) is a 3D game however it uses the anaglyph red/blue glasses rather than the shutter glasses. Still waiting on a cheap pair of red/blue glasses from Hong Kong to arrive so haven't had a chance to test the game out in 3D, however I bought it as it is quite a fun and addictive game to play. Also picked up Falsion 3D to test the shutter 3D glasses out with and have Highway Star on the way.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/FDSstuff.jpg

Some great scores there you guys!

@ Frank - You're a braver man than me trying out that cleaner. I can't bring myself to give it a go yet.

@ Mckie1 - Gotta love some of the images they used on the LDs. The early 90s for Hentai were pretty damn weird!

I'm building on my console collection, got this loot this week.

I was a starfox fan back in the day so I'm happy to have it on the snes and n64

[ATTACH]37314[/ATTACH]

Great score Jason!, Lylat wars is farking amazing... back in the day our jaws dropped when we played it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill have to go you a few rounds! ;)

Bit of a mixed bag this week

Sure you have enough MD multi-adapters? :D

Looks like we'll all have to head over to your house for some 11 player action!

@ Hollo, re the disk cleaner, there's a little dial you can turn to 'renew' the cleaning pad. I tried it out on a crappy disk that wasn't working so really had nothing to lose, but was stoked when it actually worked! Once I finished cleaning the disk, I could see all the black grime that came off it and man it was filthy. Wish Nintendo had included metal dust covers on all disk games, in fact I wish they had created the hardware to be a lot more reliable as the disk games are quite the novelty.

Scored a mystery sega. Guy at recycling was talking about stuff they get dumped at electrical depot. He said a old sega came in with a box of games no one wanted it and they were gunna throw it back in the bin. Pick up at 3.

Im hoping this wil be a inside scoop for me

My latest pick up as today was ;

13 Sega Master System games boxed

N64 POKEMON console with 2 controllers

17 loose N64 games

What would the value on my latest pick up ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37325[/ATTACH]

Good luck with the mystery SEGA prize narf, keep us updated.

Nice haul there dragon, some great Master System games in that mix. As far as worth, not much for the MS games but the Pokemon console and N64 games would command crazy prices.

Had a great night out scoring last night!

Snes console, 2 controllers, ac adapter + Lion King, Pac-Attack + NTSC DK cart - $40

22 PS one games + 3 memcards, 2 controllers + a GB advance - $35 :D

and now was just walking past Salvos....in the window a lovely still sealed in box Sega MD Honey Bee Controller SG - 18..... $10....

third was my favourite score....love seeing that sitting on a shelf!

Some great scores there you guys!

@ Frank - You're a braver man than me trying out that cleaner. I can't bring myself to give it a go yet.

@ Mckie1 - Gotta love some of the images they used on the LDs. The early 90s for Hentai were pretty damn weird!

Pretty illusion 1 & 2 also on their way. Couldn't show the rear of Angel mate due to too many rears!!!

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Sure you have enough MD multi-adapters? :D

Looks like we'll all have to head over to your house for some 11 player action!

@ Hollo, re the disk cleaner, there's a little dial you can turn to 'renew' the cleaning pad. I tried it out on a crappy disk that wasn't working so really had nothing to lose, but was stoked when it actually worked! Once I finished cleaning the disk, I could see all the black grime that came off it and man it was filthy. Wish Nintendo had included metal dust covers on all disk games, in fact I wish they had created the hardware to be a lot more reliable as the disk games are quite the novelty.

Gotta have one each for md1, md2 and la. I'm slack and won't be bothered about unplugging it each time :)

cheers krumm

i got

sonic 2 boxedwith manual

super street fighter 2 boxed with manual

coolspot boxed with manual

ecco boxed with manual

mega games 2 boxed with manuals

micromachines boxed with manual

bubsy boxed with manual

sonic boxed

mega games 3 boxed with 2 manuals

tail spin boxed

the chaos engine boxed with a price tag of 49.99 in pounds :o

urban strike boxed

fifa international soccer boxed with manual

im going back to talk to the big boss to say if they come in and workers dont want them im happy to sort out a arrangement instead of this gear going into the skips :cry

i havent got most of these games bar 2-3 so it makes up a nice free score

about to test it out as the PS is UK one and will report back

Gamecube Silver with all the hookups etc...

$29

Great console the GC and still can be bought for a nice price. I'm tempted to get some of the ltd editions with the pics in the centre of the disk lid.

Hmm, retro, retro, oh yeah, I picked up Ivan Stewarts super offroad cassette for C-64 cheap. Goes with my cab :lol