Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PDI glass direct air import: success

Hey guys just wanted to post a few pics and report that I was able to organise some PDI glass for my machines directly from a US supplier. The glass was sent via DHL with all due care and took only 5 days to get to me as an outside Metro area delivery. It was packed perfectly, triple boxed with some foam at the ends but without wasting space. The question on most peoples minds will be so how much did you waste on shipping it that method. Let me first say, I'm the kind of person who always looks at it from a 'time cost' point of view. To me there's significant value in major time savings for items I'm keen on purchasing (not random parts say of course). Also, in reflecting on the decision, I thought to myself, I've go premium collection of 11 machines - (just to clarify I was justifying 3 sheets against the value of my collection) that's worth say x, does paying the extra for direct shipping make sense? In the end I decided yes it was worth the $300 over what say buying in the group buy would have cost me after domestic forwarding. So this method may not be for all but may appeal to some. I know a lot of guys have very little experience in having stuff shipped so it can be a put off as well. I've been shipping all kinds of stuff for like 25+ years from the US, etc., so pretty used to it you might say. Anyway, here's some pics, noting I have one spare glass to go on to my GB when it arrives next week:

EDIT: to save newcomers the grief of wading through this this thread the total cost per sheet in this method worked out at : $A476 per sheet

IMG_9173.thumb.jpg.d8725ba46b3db9dff587a244d2fa0b47.jpgIMG_9175.thumb.jpg.8ab7db001b1d96894fcb83ff5f13c119.jpgIMG_9176.thumb.jpg.7c764f14198fddff40af8b1482d3b0f8.jpgIMG_9182.thumb.jpg.765560dadfa363d23ccc44d1818bba23.jpgIMG_9185.thumb.jpg.cfc1acfe67ac15d70a720fd52e211079.jpg

Edited by OurManinOz
Pricing added

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the details. How much did the PDI cost per sheet? I presume the shipping was $AU300 for 12 sheets.

$390 ea for both standard and wide body sheets. Sorry 12 sheets? Where did you get that from? For DHL that would be way more $$. It was 3 with option for 4 - but that might have triggered added duty costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Sorry maybe I'm a bit dumb. Is that the total cost to land at your door inc shipping? 390 each, total of 1170 for three machines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is $A390 each sheet not including shipping, which is why I stated it as approx $A300 in shipping. If it was included there would be no debate in my mind to go this way given the low cost.

Sorry 12 sheets? Where did you get that from? For DHL that would be way more $$. It was 3 with option for 4 - but that might have triggered added duty costs.

U said 11 machines, I assumed u were getting them all done +1

U said 11 machines, I assumed u were getting them all done +1

Yeah no, I was trying to elaborate on my thought process of how I justified the added shipping cost in my mind I.e. having 11 machines is worth a lot of $$ so really in the scheme of things is it worth stressing about the added cost to get the glass in and be able to start enjoying it in a matter of days as opposed to say weeks or months..

This is $A390 each sheet not including shipping, which is why I stated it as approx $A300 in shipping. If it was included there would be no debate in my mind to go this way given the low cost.

So can we assume that your ALL UP landed cost for ONE sheet was AU$490???

So can we assume that your ALL UP landed cost for ONE sheet was AU$490???

That's not strictly correct if you note I also estimated that local shipping from say the group buy in QLD to could cost $200 or so and deducted from the $A550 total cost of DHL.

It's not all that confusing frankly.

That's not strictly correct if you note I also estimated that local shipping from say the group buy in QLD to could cost $200 or so and deducted from the $A550 total cost of DHL.

It's not all that confusing frankly.

Well how about you just calculate what it cost you PER SHEET and tell us?

Well how about you just calculate what it cost you PER SHEET and tell us?

Ok so I'm spoonfeeding everything here. Man its hard work on local forums. I'll have to get back to you I'm out doing stuff with people, so not able to stop and start checking the calc on fly..

So in your first post you could have just said "it cost me $300 on top of the normal shipping to get it this way"? Done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah so correct I guess, pretty easy to do the maths from there. I'll double check it all later when I get a chance so no one thinks I've dreamt up the figures. Cheers

Google translator......Who cares? There's no need to justify to us what it cost you as long as your satisfied with cost. And telling everyone on this forum they are hard work doesn't help your cause.

Man its hard work on local forums.

Not if you make yourself clear and concise....I just want to know what it cost you TOTAL - ALL UP - INCLUDING FREIGHT - for one sheet.

I really don't think that's asking too much? After all, you started the thread and everything you wrote reads cryptically to me. :unsure

Based on OP's previous contributions to this dip shite site and his obvious superior intelligence, I would love to say something, but I am just a dumb local yokel...

Not if you make yourself clear and concise....I just want to know what it cost you TOTAL - ALL UP - INCLUDING FREIGHT - for one sheet.

I really don't think that's asking too much? After all, you started the thread and everything you wrote reads cryptically to me. :unsure

Guys seriously if you're that interested, it would take 5 mins to write to the supplier who I guarantee would respond within a couple of days personally and quote it all up for you with no issues.. I'm not here to promote suppliers but they are super easy to find as on of the more popular mods and 'bling' suppliers and come up quite easily in a google search. If you still can't find them PM me. Thanks