Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Wildball V

I wish my car had a hard hat? It was smashed. Some bigger than golf balls. I love my car and I'm pissed off about it. Insurance is never enough, or convenient.

Also to Darren. Thanks buddy, it was great to be at your place to play pinnies from our mis spent youth, to now. I hope I wasn't to much of a pain? Your collection of bits and pieces were great too? [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks particularly to Darren and family for hosting and for letting us into his home. I had a great time (too great - sorry to anyone expecting me to make any sense in conversation!). Thanks to the score keepers and also thanks to the players who patiently waited for us to wrestle with Match.Play. I keep meaning to study that thing so I can remember how the damn thing works!

Huge thanks to Greg and Michelle for giving me a lift home, and Dave and Ron for giving me a lift up. If it weren't for the great friendly people in this hobby, I'd be lost! Love catching up with you all and it's great to see some new faces too. Can't wait until the next one!

I posted the full results up on the site this morning if anyone didn't see them: http://gamethesystem.co/latest/17/2/2017/take-a-peak-inside-sydneys-favourite-pinball-league-wildball

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks particularly to Darren and family for hosting and for letting us into his home. I had a great time (too great - sorry to anyone expecting me to make any sense in conversation!). Thanks to the score keepers and also thanks to the players who patiently waited for us to wrestle with Match.Play. I keep meaning to study that thing so I can remember how the damn thing works!

Huge thanks to Greg and Michelle for giving me a lift home, and Dave and Ron for giving me a lift up. If it weren't for the great friendly people in this hobby, I'd be lost! Love catching up with you all and it's great to see some new faces too. Can't wait until the next one!

I posted the full results up on the site this morning if anyone didn't see them: http://gamethesystem.co/latest/17/2/2017/take-a-peak-inside-sydneys-favourite-pinball-league-wildball

Brett has kindly pointed out that we have some errors in those results. A bunch of people are missing scores (hence Greg right at the bottom with only one game entered). We will have to look into it.

We're off and running for another year, great to see our Wildball comrades again and welcome to newcomers Dejan, Michael, Tony and Will...looking forward to another awesome season across most points of the Sydney metropolitan compass and beyond.

Thanks so much Darren and Jackie for reopening the Nasco62 Room to us, a pinball palace and meeting place to be envied.

As for scores on the night, Nasco don't be too hard on yourself - Barry Crocker has nothing on me !! The way those balls were bouncing - like driving on black ice, hope to get new tyres soon.

See'yall next time up the coast, best to everyone !

Edited by ronl008

Just wanted to thanks all of the Wildball crew for a great night, the family and I enjoyed hosting again, it was good to see the old crew and meet the newer members. It certainly started off as eventful with hail the size of tennis balls with everyone that was here early cars wrecked including two of mine (sorry Defender), don't know why I bought ice.

I was relieved that all of the machines held up pretty well including the early ones, but that's where it ended and the curse of the host continued an absolute shocker with my scores. Thanks to the organisers and officials the comp seemed to run fairly smoothly wit the last people leaving a little after 12. For me the best thing is seeing my collection being played and enjoyed and discussed by fellow pinheads. Looking forward to the next round. Also is someone missing a leg????

Wildball V

You had two cars hit, I'm only one. Lucky the EJ was inside? I have the beer cans out already, so I don't forget.[emoji3] and thanks again to you and your family. I do get a bit loud at times. I'm trying to take the Timmychap crown away? Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly to @nasco62 - Darren and family, huge thank you for allowing us to invade your games room.

The Nasco62 (expanded) collection is a welcome return to the Wildball circuit. The games performed brilliantly for us, a fact that Darren should be most proud of.

Reviewing the scores, it seemed most machines played hard delivering a challenge for all.

Not only did I manage to play with Michelle Clark - of the Belles of Pinball, but with @Malone who managed to roll Gorgar, which is no easy feat. @dloe007 Dave also gave us a master class on AC/DC.

Comp Scores.

All the scores are now accounted for. One group was recording their scores the old fashioned way - paper. Which is fine as long as those scores are delivered to a score keeper. This is my first crack at running the comp so put this down to my (green) error. We use Matchplay.events, which allows us to enter the scores immediately, so paper scoring needs to be handed to a scorer on the evening. Taking a photo (on your phone) would be ideal as well.

So the Wildball Circus moves on to @Rawdons collection on the Central Coast. Some great games are bound to feature, surely some EM's will get a starring role!

Thanks so much to you Darren and your family for letting us not only arrive early, but also play your wonderful collection. I've missed you!! Wish we could of stayed the whole night and can't wait to see you at the next one xx

Thanks to Daren and the family for hosting my first Wildball

And it was good to catch up with faces becoming more and more familiar. And meet some new ones

That's why I like playing.

And thank god I am typically late!

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...