Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PDI glass direct air import: success

Guys seriously if you're that interested, it would take 5 mins to write to the supplier who I guarantee would respond within a couple of days personally and quote it all up for you with no issues.. I'm not here to promote suppliers but they are super easy to find as on of the more popular mods and 'bling' suppliers and come up quite easily in a google search. If you still can't find them PM me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So instead of just writing up a complete price you would rather beat around the bush and have 30 plus people sending off emails to a supplier?

A simple question was asked that should have been answered in your first post of this thread and you are just ignoring it. No one really seems to care who your supplies was. They just want to know what it cost you per sheet so they can make decisions when/if the time comes.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PDI glass direct air import: success

Not if you make yourself clear and concise....I just want to know what it cost you TOTAL - ALL UP - INCLUDING FREIGHT - for one sheet.

I really don't think that's asking too much? After all, you started the thread and everything you wrote reads cryptically to me. :unsure

Not going to argue the toss -yet again a local forum phenomenon. I've posted in two threads this week and that's been the outcome. Like I said go the supplier if you really want to be sure or can't follow what I've stated. I wrote it that way to not go into too many specifics and sound like I'm thumbing my nose at the very good bloke I've known for many years who helps many by organising the PDI group buy off his own back. That's all.

Cheers :)

Looking at post #1 in this thread, I get the impression that it cost $300 to ship three sheets. Presumably AUD 300, not USD 300. I don't think the actual cost per sheet was ever mentioned.

PDI charge USD 295 per sheet, which is currently AUD 383, so that would make it AUD 483 per sheet.

Michi.

Edited by Michi

Not going to argue the toss -yet again a local forum phenomenon. I've posted in two threads this week and that's been the outcome.

Have you considered then that perhaps the forum is not the problem?

Not going to argue the toss -yet again a local forum phenomenon. I've posted in two threads this week and that's been the outcome. Like I said go the supplier if you really want to be sure or can't follow what I've stated. I wrote it that way to not go into too many specifics and sound like I'm thumbing my nose at the very good bloke I've known for many years who helps many by organising the PDI group buy off his own back. That's all.

Cheers :)

I have been a member of this forum (and numerous others) for many years. I see posters like you come and go all the time when they get in a huff or get their nose out of joint over trivial things.

My $0.02 (FWIW).

Get to the point in your posts, clear, accurate details without beating around the bush and creating a kerfuffle.

You will find others more than happy to help with any questions you might have when you are straight up.

I still have no idea what a sheet cost you and it seems you are reluctant to tell us - that's fine, but have the decency to just say so. I really don't care because I won't be buying one but it would have been nice to know without your BS.

To me, paying $400~500 for a sheet of glass that I can have delivered to my factory for $30 is madness but each to their own.

I don't care how "amazing" or how "transparent" it appears. For that sort of money it's a con similar to the Emperors new clothes!

I have a bridge in Sydney for sale if you're interested!

How much for the bridge? And keep it simple.

OK, let me first say I bought it from a guy who was under it - maybe he was living there to make sure nobody stole it?

I need to get $1Mill but you will have to add dismantling, packing and transport costs. After that just include GST and I also want you to pay the bank transfer fee.

If you can't work out how much that is you can ask the guy under the bridge. He has no phone and can't speak English but that shouldn't pose any problem for you although he was a bit smelly last time I met him to collect the ownership papers.

Off you go now......:lol

I wrote it that way to not go into too many specifics and sound like I'm thumbing my nose at the very good bloke I've known for many years who helps many by organising the PDI group buy off his own back.

Well it kinda feels like you are!

Oh he is.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, let me first say I bought it from a guy who was under it - maybe he was living there to make sure nobody stole it?

Off you go now......:lol

I think I know him. Was his name something Troll. :unsure

Oh he is.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I know him. Was his name something Troll. :unsure

Ok guys fkn whatever seriously. Buy the glass however the f* you want, its a free world..

This post was simply made to show there are alternatives out there. On a lot of forums I notice people so often follow a single persons method for this kind of thing in a somewhat sheep-like manner. No slight on local forums in particular, this is a global phenomenon :p.

Anyway net outcome I think this is another local forum I'll leave everyone here to. It can join the ranks dtvforum.info in that regard with its similarly small minded attitudes. RGP was the Wild West of pinball back in the day, but frankly this place makes it look like the benevolent society :rolleyes :lol

Ok guys fkn whatever seriously. Buy the glass however the f* you want, its a free world..

This post was simply made to show there are alternatives out there. On a lot of forums I notice people so often follow a single persons method for this kind of thing in a somewhat sheep-like manner. No slight on local forums in particular, this is a global phenomenon :p.

Anyway net outcome I think this is another local forum I'll leave everyone here to. It can join the ranks dtvforum.info in that regard with its similarly small minded attitudes. RGP was the Wild West of pinball back in the day, but frankly this place makes it look like the benevolent society :rolleyes :lol

"To show there was an alternative" Like we needed you to tell us that. We have someone here who makes it easy to get something that we want. In this case PDI glass. Simple

We know there is another way. Like everything in life there is always another way. You just seemed to want to escalate something. I may be wrong and sorry to you if I am.

As you have said there is some strange stuff that goes on in forums. We've had our fair share here as well. Some stay some go some just want to stir up shit. Stick around and contribute long term and I'm sure the experience will get better. As you say it's a free world. Your choice.

Again, you're going to blame the 'Local Forum' for the negativity you received?? You're not going to own up to the fact that in this thread you did THE EXACT OPPOSITE to what you said to Dog in his thread??

VaderSelfAwareness.jpg.90ae8948cfa5cb2d3ec21dbc71415fe4.jpgYodaSelfAwareness.jpg.2863e0faff7d76c52865eacd968233a4.jpg

YoDawg.jpg.2ad6dfc35695fd0087daaf2c5ec75388.jpg

Bye!

Well this escalated quickly, dude posts how he bought PDI glass from a happy post to this :cry

- Con

I think the way he answered a few of the first queries that were genuine helped it on its way! You can't call people dumb f!?($ and expect they won't bite back.

Well this escalated quickly, dude posts how he bought PDI glass from a happy post to this :cry

- Con

It's because of his attitude in this thread: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86278-Star-Trek-LE (and I quote "Maybe you should write your posts more clearly dude") and him then doing the complete opposite in this, his own thread!!

SMH :huh: