Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Well after 4 years of fun and "management" (my form of management anyway) of wildball it's time for me to turn the reins over to some "new" blood. I've talked to Cardini and he's graciously agreed to take those reins and go for the JACKPOT I know wildball will continue to be the premium league is Aus can't wait for this next instalments

Nate

- - - Updated - - -

2017 Wildball

I want to again acknowledge the Hosts for opening up their games rooms and allowing the Wildball Throng to come through. For the uninitiated the amount of time, resources and stress involved is huge. Without them we would have no Wildball to enjoy.

Dates & Hosts - schedule changes in Bold.

18/2 Nasco62

18/3 Rawdon

29/4 Pinoffski

13/5 Greg & Michelle

27/5 Skids (1st Final)

10/6 Brett & Naiomi (possible Flipper Frenzy subject to Host approval)

24/6 Pinball_Freak

8/7 Defender1980

12/8 Audioenslaved

09/9 Michleh

14/10 Cardini (2nd Final)

UPDATE - the House is Full - no more players......

Score Keeper

TimmyChap

Officials

Audioenslaved

Mar

Jagojp

The Throng. Thanks to you as well for supporting Wildball. The social aspect of our league is what makes it so special. Prior years have shown us that around 30 attendees is a comfortable number. So we will be offering the places to the Wildball faithful first.

Players

Audioenslaved

Brett and Naiomi

Cardini

Dedrok

Defender1980

Fire_power

Furballx

Goodoldays

Greg McMahon & Michelle

Happypaintball

Jagojp

Mar

Malone

Mickleh

Nasco62

Mr and Mrs. Pinofski

Pinballfreak

Rawdon

RCJ

Ronl007 & Dloe

Silverbak

Skids

Sleazius

Swedishtaxi

Thejudge

Timmychap

gameroz

nich2pat

timebandit

oz_pinhead

Rollerball

Wedgehead

golja

Competition.

I want to stress the comp side of Wildball is only part of the fun. The social aspect is equally important. We all have a fondness for Pinball - Tournament play is only a part. General playing, repairing, restoring, and plain old reminiscing ( bull sh*ting about the old days) are just as important to this wonderful pastime. It's all part of the Wildball camaraderie.

The following detail are formalities in the main.

IFPA Endorsed

FORMAT:

Will run it the same as last year - although will be placing starting the comp at a standard time say 6.30pm :).

Qualifying rounds will be played in the Herb style format with 5 rounds consisting of 5/6 games per round and a season final consisting of best of 3 single elimination bracket format. Top 16 will advance to the final (or 50 percent of field if less than 32 qualifiers).

Date of Finals shown above. We currently have 11 rounds so will have to add an additional round in somewhere to create two series 5 rounds then a final.

The 2017 WPPR revision requires more games to be played in order to achieve any meaningful value for those chasing WPPR points. with that in mind, and subject to each host we should consider playing a Flipper Frenzy (side comp) in the afternoon of the meet. This will be trialed at a few meets, NOT all of them.

These events are fast, playing one to one over say 2 hours. these take a bit to administer, but can be rewarding both for game play and WPPR points.

See you at the first round.

@Audioenslaved can you copy and paste this to the first post and make to link to this post.

Edited by Audioenslaved

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Place holder

What does that mean? You finished in the same place as last year? So what, I finished in the same spot too? Near the bottom. Yeahhhhhh.

- - - Updated - - -

I might as well be the first one to put up there hand to be a host for the next Wildball Comp. Also, there will be an several rabbits available on the night, you just need to get in early to reserve one? Peanut butter is there preferrable flavour.

Edited by Defender

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well after 4 years of fun and "management" (my form of management anyway) of wildball it's time for me to turn the reins over to some "new" blood. I've talked to Cardini and he's graciously agreed to take those reins and go for the JACKPOT :) I know wildball will continue to be the premium league is Aus :) can't wait for this next instalments :)

Nate

Hi All,

Firstly, we should all acknowledge the work Nate has put into Wildball. If not for his many hours of organising hosts and players alike, we would not have Wildball at all. The behind the scenes work is considerable - as I am just discovering. Under his stewardship the League has become the premier pinball league in the country (IMHO the envy of others). No other league has the diversity of machines (from different eras) or the number of machines we play each year.

A massive thank you needs to go to the Hosts as well for allowing the hoard of Pinball Faithful invade there space each meet. I appreciate exactly the immense amount of time it takes to prepare for the precious few hours of Wildball madness - and the pressure that goes along with that! Your continued support is what makes Wildball Great.

I will be making a more formal statement soon. There might be some slight changes (subject to the approval of the hosts), but in general I think the way the Meets are run is pretty smooth.

One idea that has some traction is to start the competition part of the meet a lot earlier. Once out of the way we can enjoy the social aspect of Wildball. Again this would be subject to approval from each Hosts.

Currently trying to get a better understanding of the IFPA to see if we can hone the comp to maximise the Points on offer (for those people chasing the IFPA Points).

Stand by for a more formal post.

How about an interstate wildball meet at Hashmans place on the friday during the ACS ;)

Friday the 10th would be the exact date.. Btw hes got the best playing TWD, Kiss and the best color DMD on CV that you will ever see.. Meh would be good to catch up there anyway