Aussie Arcade
  • Latest Posts

    stuzza

    Galaga Lowboy

    The bright green T-Moulding is 16mm and I got from one of the forum sponsors here "Vadership" http://www.vadership.com/product-category/t-moulding/

    stuzza 1 Minute Ago Go to last post
    Autosteve

    Taito Phoenix mod

    Lots of mods were done to video boards for a multitude of reasons. Sometimes to make a clean signal, noise reduction and often to get the machine to auto

    Autosteve 3 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    chopchop

    High score - Harlem Globetrotters

    Got a 823,810 on mine yesterday. 5 balls, the bonus doesn't carry over between balls ( I think you can change that to carry over like on Paragon). Love

    chopchop 29 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    BIG Trev

    Taito Phoenix mod

    I'm guessing this would have been to reduce noise as they'd run a cable to a remote volume pot.
    This one I'm not too sure about.
    I'd say it's

    BIG Trev 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    FLEX

    populated playfield Wanted

    Yeah, thats mine.

    I am sure Prowler would be able to freight to you if its an issue.

    Sounds like a great project!

    FLEX 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    ROLLERBALL

    Why pinball is a decent investment

    Thats cool.... so the EM and SS prices will go up as more people try to buy cheaper pins....

    ROLLERBALL 1 Hour Ago Go to last post
    5m3g_head

    Japanese Arcades

    Awesome, Love the game centers in Japan. Just seeing that MaiMai machine brings back some memories from my last trip. I wish we had arcades that cool

    5m3g_head 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    wiredoug

    Why pinball is a decent investment

    better lock up the milo

    wiredoug 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    maxi

    Why pinball is a decent investment

    Thought that was a compliment until you said you were kidding don't forget I know where you live mate
    Some say I could drink bigfoot under

    maxi 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
    buggstar

    Switch row ground short

    hey mate just pulled j 208 and j 212 from the mpu and the only message that come up was check fuses the switch row ground fault didn't appear does this

    buggstar 2 Hours Ago Go to last post
  • Current Polls

    Favourite Arcade game from the early 80's 79-85 (Votes: 341)

    1. Dig Dug (Votes: 8)

    2. Galaga (Votes: 69)

    3. Galaxian (Votes: 11)

    4. Moon Patrol (Votes: 13)

    5. Bomb Jack (Votes: 11)

    6. Moon Cresta (Votes: 10)

    7. Scramble (Votes: 11)

    8. Track n Field (Votes: 4)

    9. Paper boy (Votes: 3)

    10. Frogger (Votes: 4)

    11. Dragon Buster (Votes: 1)

    12. Kung Fu Master (Votes: 7)

    13. Espial (Votes: 0)

    14. Gyruss (Votes: 30)

    15. Pooyan (Votes: 1)

    16. Ms Pacman (Votes: 3)

    17. Pac Land (Votes: 1)

    18. Crush Roller (Votes: 0)

    19. Star Wars (Votes: 3)

    20. Pacman (Votes: 10)

    21. Donkey Kong (Votes: 16)

    22. Donkey Kong Jr (Votes: 0)

    23. Space Invaders (Votes: 12)

    24. Crazy Climber (Votes: 1)

    25. Mr Do (Votes: 7)

    26. Ghosts n Goblins (Votes: 33)

    27. Marble Madness (Votes: 1)

    28. Dragon's Lair (Votes: 15)

    29. Disc's of Tron (Votes: 4)

    30. Yie Ar Kung-Fu (Votes: 3)

    31. Traverse USA (Zippy Race) (Votes: 0)

    32. Space War 4 (Spacies clone with add ons) (Votes: 0)

    33. Buck Rogers (Votes: 0)

    34. Pengo (Votes: 6)

    35. Xevious (Votes: 4)

    36. Bezerk (Votes: 4)

    37. Asteroids (Votes: 8)

    38. Hyper Olympic (Votes: 7)

    39. Lady Bug (Votes: 0)

    40. Super Pacman (Votes: 1)

    41. Juno First (Votes: 4)

    42. Nemesis (Votes: 3)

    43. Time pilot (Votes: 11)

    44. Crazy Baloon (Votes: 1)

    Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era) (Votes: 201)

    1. Street fighter 2 CE (Votes: 25)

    2. King of the Fighters 98 (Votes: 2)

    3. Art of Fighting (Votes: 2)

    4. Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (Votes: 11)

    5. Marvel Vs. Capcom (Votes: 13)

    6. Mortal Kombat 2 (Votes: 22)

    7. World Heroes (Votes: 1)

    8. Fighting Fantasy/hippodome (Votes: 0)

    9. Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Votes: 0)

    10. Capcom vs SNK 2 (Votes: 1)

    11. Dead or Alive (Votes: 0)

    12. Boxing Atari 2600 (Votes: 1)

    13. Internation Karate + (Votes: 5)

    14. Darkstalkers (Votes: 0)

    15. Karate Champ (Votes: 5)

    16. Soul Calibur (Votes: 6)

    17. The Last Blade 2 (Votes: 2)

    18. Samurai Shodown 2 (Votes: 1)

    19. Tekken 2 (Votes: 15)

    20. Street Fighter 2 (Votes: 23)

    21. Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (Votes: 3)

    22. Street Fighter 3 - 3S (Votes: 11)

    23. Pocket Fighter (Votes: 0)

    24. Yie Ar Kung-Fu (Votes: 13)

    25. Samurai Showdown (Votes: 1)

    26. Mortal Kombat (Votes: 20)

    27. The Last Blade (Votes: 0)

    28. Killer Instinct (Votes: 12)

    29. King of the Fighters 2002 (Votes: 2)

    30. King of the Fighters XI (Votes: 0)

    31. JOJO 2 (Votes: 0)

    32. Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha (Votes: 4)

  • Netherworld Arcade TG High Scores Weekend - Save The Date - 24th > 26th March 2017

    Evening ladies and gents

    I just wanted to let you all know so you can save the date and or make travel arrangements that we are having a massive arcade weekend over March 24th - 26th at Netherworld.

    We are only just nutting out the details at the moment but am aiming for a fun event on the Friday night, DK and Galaga training session and master class Saturday morning, then opening up slots for people to attempt Twin Galaxies approved high scores, pb's and kill screens live on stage across Saturday afternoon/evening and all day Sunday.

    Initial plan is to have DK, Galaga and potentially two more cabs up on stage. If there is another cab you would like set up for the weekend let me know. I feel the stage could fit four cabs easily for people to cycle through.

    I have been getting some great advice (John73, Barra, Kibbey etc) and hope that you guys can work with me and help me make this an amazing event for competitive arcade gaming in Australia.

    Our techs will be working hard to get their machines up and ready for all Twin Galaxies approved settings. Also have a great sound and vision tech who will hopefully help us live stream the action to the projector for people to watch around the venue.

    Netherworld will create an event poster plus limited edition t-shirt and pin for the weekend.

    Lot's more details to come so please watch this space and if you would like to help in any way or have some advice or tips please get in contact. I have been running IFPA approved pinball comps for nearly 5 years but this is our first foray into world class arcade competitions.

    I will most likely set up a small trial event over the next couple of weekends so we can get a feel for the TG process and requirements.

    Watch this space.

    Love Jimmy
    Comments 23 Comments
    1. Jimmi Nails's Avatar
      Jimmi Nails -
      Hey mates

      We're trialling our Twitch channel with our Savage Wizard event today. In honour of the amazing Fred Savage movie from '87, players compete for 5 minutes on Super Mario Bros 3 to get the highest score. Top nine for the day return at 5pm for sudden death heats with the final 3 competing in a 10 minute grand final.

      Already a couple of players gaming the system and or chopping wood.

      https://www.twitch.tv/netherworldarcade
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Attachment 107103

      Got my headwear organised for the event.

      One day in the very near future, these pins will be collectors items, then they are going on eBay at a huge price to solve all my fiduciary problems

      I'm told I can't play Twilight Zone and Ghostbusters with 10 credits and add the scores together to make the 250,000,000 required - so short of the hand of God helping me out, I'm not gonna get those pins
    1. Mameshane's Avatar
      Mameshane -
      Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
      Attachment 107103

      Got my headwear organised for the event.

      One day in the very near future, these pins will be collectors items, then they are going on eBay at a huge price to solve all my fiduciary problems

      I'm told I can't play Twilight Zone and Ghostbusters with 10 credits and add the scores together to make the 250,000,000 required - so short of the hand of God helping me out, I'm not gonna get those pins
      I want some pins

      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mameshane View Post
      I want some pins

      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
      And I want a new MAME Cabinet... hint. hint.

    1. Mameshane's Avatar
      Mameshane -
      Lol easily a clean trade if they are only going to go up in value

      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    1. OOO's Avatar
      OOO -
      There will be a lot of AAers and crazy gamers in Brisbane over the weekend on the dates 24-26 March-2017. (That's not this weekend, but the next one!)

      If you can make it, please come along ...





    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Only 5 days to go people.

      If you can attend, please do - want to get as many Aussie scores up on TG - doesn't matter if you are a contender for a WR - just get your name up in pixels on the TG scoreboard.

      Trying to sell the last of the AA merchandise from the last AA T-shirt, stubby cooler and key tag runs.

      Only one shirt left, in XL size - probably be offered as a prize or raffle along with a stubby cooler and key tag.

      A few stubby and key tags left if you want them - all proceeds going to AA..... Key tags about (30 left) and stubby coolers (around 20 left) are available for collection from me at the event. Key tags are $4 each or 3 for $10. Coolers are $5 each. Or you can pick up 6 coolers and 2 key tags for $30 - saving you around $8. Not many left, don't be slow if you want them, we will sell out this weekend.

      Stay tuned, as soon as these are gone I'll be starting a new run of AA shirts, and we'll probably have more coolers and key tags - but it will be pre-order only.

      Don't forget that Netherworld has their own shirts to buy, even if you aren't a local - there is a good chance there will be limited edition shirts for this event to buy - PM me if you aren't a local and want a shirt - I'll grab one for you and mail it if need be, but pretty sure @Jimmi Nails and the guys at Netherworld will also accommodate you.
    1. Jimmi Nails's Avatar
      Jimmi Nails -
      Hey mates

      Just a little note to say things are looking good for the weekend.

      Friday night will mostly be a social catch up with a few fun events and time trials:
      • Mario Bros - vs battles
      • DK - races across the two machines, first to 20k. Will do heats plus finals
      • Ice Cold Beer - fastest to complete up to hole 6
      • Frogger - fastest time to complete level 1


      Barra is all prepped for the two master classes
      • Donkey Kong - Saturday at 10am
      • Galaga - Sunday 10am


      Once the master classes are complete we should be able to start posting scores. I will manage the queue for each of the machines and people must log with me whenever they start a new game so I can mark the time on my spreadsheet. The Twitch and projector feed will have 5 windows. One for each cab (Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Space Invaders, Bump' n' Jump) plus a wide angle of the stage so you can see who is playing what. I will also be live updating a small text bar in each window saying who is playing at the time. I am hoping to have all filming of the inside of machines, boards, controls etc done before the masters classes so we can simply roll on to posting world record scores

      We will have t-shirts and posters for sale. Sorry the t's are so expensive, we had some timing issues with the design and only got them to the printers yesterday. That is cost price. Happy to do another run if we don't have your size or you would like extra.

      T-shirt - $35
      Poster - $10

      Attachment 107659Attachment 107660

      We will also have 100 limited pins which you can only earn by jumping on stage and posting a score or winning one of the Friday night comps. Might think of some other fun ways to give them out. Limited to 100.

      Getting very excited mates. Our operators and techs have been working hard to make this a great event.

      Any questions let me know otherwise see you all over the weekend. Cheers!!!
    1. Mameshane's Avatar
      Mameshane -
      Very excited. the shirts look awesome!

      Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    1. Barra's Avatar
      Barra -
      Slightly excited
    1. OOO's Avatar
      OOO -
      Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
      Slightly excited
      You should be ... there is going to be a big crowd for both the Donkey Kong and Galaga coaching sessions you are running at 10am on Sat and Sun this weekend!

      Then there could be a Kong Off between yourself and Mameshane ...

      Galaga ... Galaga ... Galaga ...



      Pac-man pill eating ...

      Plus all the pinball at NW is there to have fun ... and a few more great video games!
    1. DirtyDeeds's Avatar
      DirtyDeeds -
      love your work Jimmy.

      You got me firing up the Mame games for Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Space Invaders and Bump' n' Jump!
      Good luck for the weekend. It sounds amazing.

      Johnny Crabtree
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
      Slightly excited
      You aren't invited - this is an AA event - as in "Aussie" Arcade - Kiwi's aren't allowed into the venue.

      You can stay at the AirBnB - but forget playing on Australian machines

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post


      @Jimmi Nails - you need to show this movie one night - it's a classic - got me into programming more so than I was already into it. And it's a great movie to show kids what old school gaming was all about. It also proves that if you are a good looking kid (Broderick) that there is hope for you to one day marry a girl that looks like a horse

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmi Nails View Post
      Hey mates

      Just a little note to say things are looking good for the weekend.

      Friday night will mostly be a social catch up with a few fun events and time trials:
      • Mario Bros - vs battles
      • DK - races across the two machines, first to 20k. Will do heats plus finals
      • Ice Cold Beer - fastest to complete up to hole 6
      • Frogger - fastest time to complete level 1


      Barra is all prepped for the two master classes
      • Donkey Kong - Saturday at 10am
      • Galaga - Sunday 10am


      Once the master classes are complete we should be able to start posting scores. I will manage the queue for each of the machines and people must log with me whenever they start a new game so I can mark the time on my spreadsheet. The Twitch and projector feed will have 5 windows. One for each cab (Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Space Invaders, Bump' n' Jump) plus a wide angle of the stage so you can see who is playing what. I will also be live updating a small text bar in each window saying who is playing at the time. I am hoping to have all filming of the inside of machines, boards, controls etc done before the masters classes so we can simply roll on to posting world record scores

      We will have t-shirts and posters for sale. Sorry the t's are so expensive, we had some timing issues with the design and only got them to the printers yesterday. That is cost price. Happy to do another run if we don't have your size or you would like extra.

      T-shirt - $35
      Poster - $10

      Attachment 107659Attachment 107660

      We will also have 100 limited pins which you can only earn by jumping on stage and posting a score or winning one of the Friday night comps. Might think of some other fun ways to give them out. Limited to 100.

      Getting very excited mates. Our operators and techs have been working hard to make this a great event.

      Any questions let me know otherwise see you all over the weekend. Cheers!!!
      The shirts look amazing Jimmy - I'll grab one first thing in the morning.
    1. rusty_dagger's Avatar
      rusty_dagger -
      Looks like I will be bringing the family in on Saturday for lunch. Should I expect a line up at the door? @John73 what is the movie? Thought it was kind of funny the high score on that Galaga is so low.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rusty_dagger View Post
      Looks like I will be bringing the family in on Saturday for lunch. Should I expect a line up at the door? @John73 what is the movie? Thought it was kind of funny the high score on that Galaga is so low.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's Wargames - my all time favourite movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to. Still a great movie 30+ odd years after it was released.

      Be great to see you there on Saturday, I know @Barra wants to meet as many other AA'ers while he is here.
    1. Brad's Avatar
      Brad -
      I'm still bummed I'm away this weekend for this. Looks like its going to be fantastic! Hope you all have fun and its a great success. I expect to see lots of pictures and read plenty of updates!

      Brad
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
      I'm still bummed I'm away this weekend for this. Looks like its going to be fantastic! Hope you all have fun and its a great success. I expect to see lots of pictures and read plenty of updates!

      Brad
      Not sure about tonight, but game play on Saturday and Sunday will be streamed through Twitch - the next best thing to being there: https://www.twitch.tv/netherworldarcade
    1. rusty_dagger's Avatar
      rusty_dagger -
      Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
      It's Wargames - my all time favourite movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to. Still a great movie 30+ odd years after it was released.

      Be great to see you there on Saturday, I know @Barra wants to meet as many other AA'ers while he is here.
      Yep will definitely be there rocking my much faded MGL tshirt. Not sure if I will play any games (I don't have any skills anyway) but wanted to come in and see everyone.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1. John73's Avatar
      John73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rusty_dagger View Post
      Yep will definitely be there rocking my much faded MGL tshirt. Not sure if I will play any games (I don't have any skills anyway) but wanted to come in and see everyone.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Oh you'll be playing - it's a requirement after I showed off my crap Pinball skills at the first Flip Frenzy

      It's not about being the world's best, though I do hope Barra knocks off the Galaga score - it's about getting your name on the scoreboard for a few games, seeing where you rank and then improving the next time an event is run - much like playing pinball events for IFPA points.
    1. JoeSoap's Avatar
      JoeSoap -
      I'll be another turning up on saturday morning god knows I need the tutorial on the arcades!
  • Latest Threads

    BIG Trev

    Taito Phoenix mod

    Thread Starter: BIG Trev

    Has anyone seen this mod before? I'm wondering what it was for.
    Pins 1 and 2 of IC36 go to pin 10 on the card edge connector, pin 3 of IC36 goes

    Last Post By: Autosteve 5 Minutes Ago Go to last post
    Homepin

    WANTED - CFTBL chase lamp board A-15541 prefer damaged

    Thread Starter: Homepin

    As title says - looking for the lamp chaser board from a Creature from the Black Lagoon.

    I would prefer a damaged or cooked board or one

    Last Post By: Homepin 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    QLDer06

    Funhouse vs Last Action Hero

    Thread Starter: QLDer06

    Ok kids which game is better by way of fun/challenging and less maintenance/service issues [emoji3]


    Sent from my iPhone using Aussie

    Last Post By: markandsophie 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Michi

    Stand-offs for light board

    Thread Starter: Michi

    I have an LED light board from pinball.center. It's held in place by two stand-offs that screw into the pre-existing brackets for the fluorescent tube

    Last Post By: Homepin 6 Hours Ago Go to last post
    madal

    video game tester, video checkmate 101 pinout wanted

    Thread Starter: madal

    Any one have the pinout for this video game tester, video checkmate 101
    Would like to make a jamma harness for it.
    Can't find any onfo.

    Last Post By: madal 5 Hours Ago Go to last post
    Egames Arcade

    High score - Harlem Globetrotters

    Thread Starter: Egames Arcade

    Right so my highest score currently is 599,990 on 5 balls
    Has anyone done better?

    Last Post By: chopchop 30 Minutes Ago Go to last post